DOS-era game by the maker of TROY (mid-90s) [Petjet]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Pupsrus13

DOS-era game by the maker of TROY (mid-90s) [Petjet]

Post by Pupsrus13 »

I grew up with an old desktop computer playing TROY and a few other games in a 'DOS arcade' in the late 90s and early 2000s. Speaking of TROY, I found it, but the enemies in it remind me of another game, most likely by the same creator -James Saito- and since my Google-fu is weak, I was hoping someone could help me find it.

-The game was released about the mid-90s (TROY was released in '96, that might be a good frame of reference)

-Game had extremely similar graphics to this image, but was a vertically-scrolling space shooter that played like Space Invaders.

-I remember very clearly, that the blue enemies in the middle of the screen were also in it.

-Again, the creator's name is James Saito, but I can't find mention of his old DOS games anywhere on his current site- just the remake of TROY where he just so happened to include a screenshot of the original.

-The only other detail that really comes to mind is that the name has 'Pet' in it somewhere. It wasn't a very long name.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Since you have his current site:
http://www.saitogames.com/troy2000/

why not try emailing the support & ask directly?

I don't see anything early for DOS by this developer at Mobygames, and not TROY either, unfortunately.

But then I found this game, which could be what you are looking for:
http://www.saitogames.com/petwings/

The earliest shareware version I saw on his site was for Win95 and above, maybe there was a DOS version too.
Last edited by Rwolf on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pupsrus13

Post by Pupsrus13 »

First thing I did was email the support, I haven't gotten a response back yet- maybe it's in his spam folder, who knows? If I haven't gotten any response by Sunday evening, I'll probably send another request.

Anyway, TROY can be downloaded at the very bottom of the Troy 2000 page, and Petwings looks like it could be the modern version of the game I'm looking for, but I wanted to get the old version for the nostalgia factor.

I actually got a response from my dad (who set up the original computer for me) and he said the game's name was either "PetJet" or "JetPet", and that he'd look for some of his old floppies/CDs from those times and send them my way if they have anything on them.

If he manages to dig out the DOS arcade we were using, I'll put the files in a zip for everyone here, because I'm pretty sure they're all freeware- but I'll run some more checks to see if that's the case or not.
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

I dug upload my old copy for you. It is freeware.
The old versions of James Saito's games used to be on his website. It was after he made the new improved versions of the various games that he removed the old ones and replaced with the new ones on his website.

Download Petjet

Yes, I agree with you that playing the dos version of games with old graphics does bring back nostalgia.

Have fun. :)