PC Zoo simulation game from the early 2000s

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
mg1188

Post by mg1188 »

Hi,
I am looking for a PC game that is very similar to Zoo Tycoon 1. From what I remember there was a boy that was trying to manage the zoo, i remember a panda logo, i think that was the logo for the zoo. I remember that you could also have mythical animals alongside your regular animals. I remember having a dragon. I remember having to hire workers to clean up after the visitors and workers to clean up after the animals. I played that game in the early 2000s. If i had to guess when it was developed it was probably somewhere between 1999 and 2003 and it ran on Windows.
Last edited by mg1188 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I never played any of these games, so searching on google is the best I can offer.
From Moby, here is a list of zoo games, check the timeframe and possible platforms (which you didn't mention):
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/gen ... ,25/so,1d/

'Zoo Empire' has a panda on some covers; but I dont see any fantasy creatures in the screenshots.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/zoo-empire

---

Zoo Tycoon 1&2 may have had expansions or user made fantasy animals:
http://zootycoon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Dragons

ZT2 seems to have had a mod called 'Dragon Dream Pack' that added a dragon and maybe other fantasy animals like a unicorn.

Mind you, there seems to be a lot of fake info about getting dragons for ZT on the web.
Lolly5683

SimSafari

Post by Lolly5683 »

Hi ! I think the game you are looking for is called SimSafari
I loved that game!!! late 90's early 2000 It was awesome!!
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

About SimSafari:

@Lolly5683: The SimSafari entry at Mobygames does not list any fantasy animals as the OP mentioned, it seems more like a standard African-animals based zoo.

---
About Zoo Tycoon:

According to this wikipage, the Unicorn is an unlockable animal in Zoo Tycoon 1: http://zootycoon.wikia.com/wiki/Unicorn

The ZT1 Dragon is more uncertain...I see one page describing it here for the first game - but it could be fake - I don't have the game to try it out:
https://itstillworks.com/12261221/how-t ... zoo-tycoon

---

update: a fellow user at Mobygames who has the game, says the dragon thing is a hoax, at least in the first Zoo Tycoon. There was a way to get dinosaurs and mermaids, but no dragons - possibly Komodo dragons, as they are real lizards?

So for that reason I suspect the OP:s game should be another one and not Zoo Tycoon 1, even if there actually was a Unicorn in it.
mrezapbs

Post by mrezapbs »

I Also remember a game like this but haven't been able to find the name anywhere. There was a Panda Icon, there were three types of worker: gray ones would clean the zoo, blue ones were for safety and white wearing scientists who would research new animals. there were also some red worker who would sell stuffs in the shops of your zoo. you had a really small and limited zone in this game. people would come to your zoo by a bus and a maximum of 14 people every time.There was a funny fact about the game that if you don't place any bathroom for the visitors they will pee on the tiles!!! I don't remember much about the game but I sure enjoyed it during the early 2000s. if any one could remember the name that would be awesome.
Kjones33

Post by Kjones33 »

Yes, I remember this so well! But I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, nor can I find it through researching on Google. I remember if your zoo would go bankrupt, the sad song/video that would play. That devastating feeling of all your hard work, hours at the computer, gone :D And the excitement when a baby animal was born, and the terror of all the little visitors when an animal would get loose in the zoo. Haha! It was so fun, I wish I could play it again for a day! WHAT was that game called?
InstantSlash

Post by InstantSlash »

Kjones33 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:49 pm Yes, I remember this so well! But I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, nor can I find it through researching on Google. I remember if your zoo would go bankrupt, the sad song/video that would play. That devastating feeling of all your hard work, hours at the computer, gone :D And the excitement when a baby animal was born, and the terror of all the little visitors when an animal would get loose in the zoo. Haha! It was so fun, I wish I could play it again for a day! WHAT was that game called?
I remember when an animal broke out someone would cage it? i remember the disc was white i think im trying to find that damn zoo game for 6 years now
Kodi

Post by Kodi »

Hi!!! I don't know if you'll see this, but i think we're thinking of the same game-- Animal Paradise! There's a YouTube video with a title half in Cyrillic letters a that has the whole intro, plus some!
Your post was almost the only mention of this game I could find for like, a year, but I found this on Reddit, so I hope this reaches you and helps!