Fantasy Adventure

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
heasdwlocker

Fantasy Adventure

Post by heasdwlocker »

I don't know the name of the Platform i have played it on.
I played it around 2007-2009 but it is much older probably
Genre: Fantasy, Beat em Up(Match Mode), Adventure(Story Mode)
The characters where shown in 2D on a 3D platform (left right op down and jump(air)).

I didnt played the Story Mode because it was pretty hard since you get nearly one shot, if you didnt time your shield right.
=> only Match Mode
You could play with up to 3 Ai and create Teams, you could modify their stats (from 1-99) e.g. Attack HP MP Special Shield Defense...
Every character has an Attribute e.g. Fire Water Thunder Wind....
you could change the skill in match by pressing one of the shoulder buttons on the controller.
There are maps, in which you could destroy the background/objects by attacking them.
Comboing and Timing your Skills with Melee was the success to winning, and of course shield timing
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Did you play it on a TV with gamepads? Or some sort of computer?
heasdwlocker

Tv with Gamepad probably

Post by heasdwlocker »

Since i remember switching skills with shoulder buttons i would say tv with Gamepad
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

I am not really sure of the years these were released, but Power Stone or at least it's sequel, (Dreamcast and PS2) Thrill Kill (PS1) which was canceled but completed before release and sent out over the internet, Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style (PS1) and obviously Super Smash Bros (N64) all had four player multiplayer combat. Besides the Mario one which I have very briefly played, I do not know for a fact, but am pretty sure they had an adventure/story mode along with their single/multi-player mode.

Ehrgeiz: God Bless The Ring (PS1) was only 2 players, but had a rather extensive, although generic, dungeon crawler along with it's main game that played more like Power Stone than anything else, as in move in any direction while facing it, throwing boxes around, etc. And it had the added benefit of having many Final Fantasy characters in it's fighting roster.

The real question is, did you have two thumbsticks or only one on the controller and was there a mini screen (virtual memory card) on the face of the controller. (Or a hole if none was inserted.) If so it was the Dreamcast and most likely Power Stone 2. And any of these guesses of mine only means if your version of "beat-em up" means an actual fighting game like Street Fighter and not a brawler like Final Fight. B)

There was another game on the PS1 and the name escapes me, but it was only two players or at least that I am aware of and it used magic and close hand to hand fighting. You could also use a shield or power up your magic, the longer you held it the more powerful it was and also different styles of it, like very thin but powerful blast, others that spread out or faned out homing in on the enemy etc. If I can remember the name I shall tell you later.
heasdwlocker

Post by heasdwlocker »

Thanks for your thoughts but neither of them is the game i'm searching for.
Differently from Power Stone the camera wasnt tilting so much, it was a fixed camera, everytime on the same high i think and the Map was shown something like a trapeze(very long(something like 70:10), not a rhombuz.
It was more Anime than Fantasy, so something like FF or Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style aren't the game i am searching for.

I would be really thankful if you could remember the name you were talking about in your last part. My game seems to be very close to your game.
I remembered the Blast you were talking about, in memories it could be charged too. I hope you could remember the name because it could be the game I'm searching for.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Basic gameplay sounds a bit like Golden Axe, if so:

You could try some lists, like Mobygames anime fighting game:
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/a ... ist-games/

Arcade fighting:
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/a ... ist-games/

These are sorted by year, so if you hunt around when you played, you might have some luck.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

heasdwlocker wrote:I would be really thankful if you could remember the name you were talking about in your last part. My game seems to be very close to your game.
I remembered the Blast you were talking about, in memories it could be charged too. I hope you could remember the name because it could be the game I'm searching for.
I found it. It is called Destrega. But it was only a two player game, not four. I provided a link for it, but other wise just go onto Wiki and search the name. :laugh:

I hope that is the game. Even if it is not, I still think you would enjoy it. Again not four players, but everything else seems about right. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destrega
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Cool looking game. More screenshots: Destrega @ MobyGames.

Great if that's it, but I'm still thinking about the 2d characters on a 3d background; I know I've played some console demos, but I can't recall what they were since I didn't play them long. I thought they were like "Lancers" or "Heros of the Lance", but that's just pulling old D&D games, not what I'm thinking. It was sort of a team of anime/pheonix wright style characters on 3d backgrounds fighting minions in armor but japanese style guns & knights style setting. Oh, well! If I remember it, great, and hopefully Destrega is the one OP is looking for!
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

Tobal 2 had 200 (That is two hundred!!!) playable characters :wow: and had the anime look of Dragon Ball Z due to one of the artists. :no1: That game also had a quest mode. At one point I had the first game and it was alright. Sadly the sequel never came out to the States. To this day I still cry inside... :cry: