PC control several unit squadrons [Warhammer: Dark Omen]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Heich

PC control several unit squadrons [Warhammer: Dark Omen]

Post by Heich »

Hello

I am trying to find a game where you fight against forces of evil with your army which is divided into several squadrons. (one for archers, horsemen etc)

It's a kind of strategy game but you're not building bases ever, dont think there's even a multiplayer option. It's all about taking your squadrons to the right places on the map so that you get higher ground advantage, can snipe of their guys before they can come close and so forth.

The first mission you save a village from goblins who are also divided into squadrons. You start down in the village and they start up a hill.

If an entire squadron is killed, it's gone forever but you can "heal" them up to full strength after each mission.
Then you get new squadrons as you progress the game.

During missions if one of your squadron is defeated (every member of it slain) or they start to flee a small video would pop up in the lower left corner of the screen showing a person from the squadron in somewhat similar status to how the squadron is feeling, so if most of them are dead the guy would be very bloody and torn.

The games from either windows 95 or 98 I'm almost sure and the title shouldn't be very long, my head keeps telling me its "Dark Moon" but I can't find any game with that title.

If anyone knows the name i'd be very glad
Heich

Post by Heich »

Found it.

It was Dark Omen
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming