Mac (?) Ninja related game late 90s/early 00s

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
unknown

Mac (?) Ninja related game late 90s/early 00s

Post by unknown »

Okay, so I'm trying to find a game from the late 90's or early 2000's but I don't know a lot of the details or if I'm right about the date of the game. So....this is gonna be a bit vague. There's the Sonic-looking character throwing ninja stars and he travels around and I THINK the game starts in a tree but I'm not sure. A couple of the levels are gray and the graphics are spectacular BUT they're good for the age of the game. I think I used to play on an old Mac, as well. I don't know whether it was on a floppy, or CD, or just on the friggin computer.
THANK YOU SO MUCH, I've been looking for this game ever since I lost it. :(
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Just on a Mac or on both a Mac and PC?

Probably wasn't Last Ninja 3 or Bushido or Samurai Warriors, but maybe they will spark more memories or "doesn't look like this"?

MobyGames.com is a great place to browse if you haven't seen it.
smahayla2017

Post by smahayla2017 »

Quadko wrote:Just on a Mac or on both a Mac and PC?

Probably wasn't Last Ninja 3 or Bushido or Samurai Warriors, but maybe they will spark more memories or "doesn't look like this"?

MobyGames.com is a great place to browse if you haven't seen it.
I've been trying to find it on MobyGames but the problem is there's so much to sort through and a lot of details of the game are lost to me, limiting my ability to narrow down the search and find it. Yeah, this game definitely does not look like those games. I think the character was wearing red though, now that I think about it. And I don't know what computer it was on, I was probably seven, so it didn't matter at the time hahaha
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Might pay to ask over at macintoshgarden.org
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

I am not sure about the Mac and the game I am thinking of is a bit older, but everything else you describe sounds about spot on, although a Sonic character kind of threw me off. Legend of Kage has a guy with "spiky" hair wearing red, in the tree tops, throwing ninja stars or knives and was ported to several platforms. They did a remake later so who knows...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Kage

Or perhaps a Shinobe game, but he generally wears black. Ninja Gaiden back in the day on the NES had a few forest stages, but he wore black or a dark blue. There was a PS2 ninja girl wearing red, although the name escapes me at the present moment. I think she uses throwing knives and or "choke" wire if I remember the cover right. Then of course the Tenchu series, but again they wear black and started on PS1, not so sure about the Mac. Came out about the same time as Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 as well.
smahayla2017

Post by smahayla2017 »

Yeah it's definitely not The Legend of Kage, it's too pixely. However, the game ran on Windows 95, I do believe.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Shadow Knights / Budo: The Art of Ninja? Don't know if Mac or not.
smahayla2017

Post by smahayla2017 »

Nope it was more high tech than that haha