Red guy who moves across platforms? Win 95?

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Digioxide

Red guy who moves across platforms? Win 95?

Post by Digioxide »

(Please do not judge my drawing skills! :laugh: )

My aunt used to have this game on her Windows 95 back in the day and we need help finding its name.

From what I recall the character was a handsome little red monster who had to jump across the moving platforms on the screen to get to the other side. The objective was to collect the crystals and avoid coming into contact with the monsters.

If memory serves me right, the prize for completing the level was a piece of furniture for the little red guy was trying to put his house back together?

Any help finding this classic would be highly appreciated!!
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

I was going to say Q-bert but that was not collecting crystals as I recall, unless maybe a power up here or there, but simply changing the color of the tiles on the pyrimid... maybe this is a clone of that or vice versa... Q-bert was a red "creature" with a long nose as I recall and had "odd" other creatures trying to catch him. And your drawing is not bad. Nor am I even sure it was on a Windows platform.

Post by Guest »

Unfortunately it's not Q-bert... Kudos on finding a game with a "red guy" though :)
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

That is what I am here for. :D Also Cool Spot and The Noid are also red characters who were put into video games. Cool Spot, at least the SNES version was more of a platformer/action type game, kind of like Vector Man with shooting magic from his hands. And I remember playing The Noid that was a bit more slow paced and although looked nothing like your drawing, was definitely closer to it than Cool Spot. But The Noid will never be as cool as Cool Spot. :laugh:

And actually I believe it was spelled or shown as Q*bert. And he might of been more orange than red... but ehhh... :suspicious: