Pac-Man clone with Police / Robbers

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Ix10n10n

Pac-Man clone with Police / Robbers

Post by Ix10n10n »

Hello,

I always searched for this game so often in the last years and never found a glimps of it. I played it when I was a kid on my fathers PC.

It actually is a Pacman Clone, where you play as a Robber chased by Police.
When you get caught you switch to another Robber until all 5 Robbers are caught. Each Robber has unique levels. It works like any other Pacman clone, when you get all coins you get to the next level, where you eventually have to deal with more cops. You and the cop were displayed as just the heads.

I had a compelation of games in which one of them was this game.
It was called "Gotcha" there but I dont think this is the actual name of the gane. Other games were Digger and Frogger.

The Policeman who chases you had just a blue cap.

The first Robber was a black man with dreadlocks and red lips
the sec robber was a bold white guy
the third robber was a blue skinned and had short hair and a thin face
The forth had bunnyteeth and was yellow orange-ish
The Boss and final Robber was called roger when i recall correctly and had sunglasses and was green, perhaps a green cloth infron of his face.

I really hope that someone can help me here, I just cant find it by myself.

Sincerely

Ix10n10n
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

If you haven't you can look through the MobyGames list of PacMan Variants.

Around what year did you play it? "when where you a kid" ;)
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Not listed as a DOS game, but the game Cops n' Robbers have several similarities in screenshots & description. Not heads-only guys, but your game could be a clone of this.
If you are caught, you can release your robber alter-ego:s.
Also a dungeon level with pac-man like enemies.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/c64/cops-n-robbers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cops_%27n%27_Robbers
Ix10n10n

Post by Ix10n10n »

Well, I was about 6 or 7 when I first played it.
It was actually on a floppy disc on which my father just wrote "Gotcha".
It seemed to be nothing official, but then again I dont remeber quite well how games were handled back then.

It must have been between 1997 and 1999 where I played it at most.
I remembered it as a MSDos game, might as well be wrong.
The system I played it on was a windows 95.

I never thought that it would be so hard to find, but I never saw a picture of this game ever since. And its scheme is just easy to detect because it is a pacman clone, it has no other elements in it. Just collect all coins and dont let the police get you. The controlls were smooth though, atleast I remember it to be. x)

Like I said, I dont really expect anything, because I searched for so long, but IF there is someone out here knowing this game, then I will be endlessly greatful.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Hm, well, I found a Gotcha old arcade game, you might have had a dos/windows clone and that might explain the title.

Someone made an indie Cops 'n Robbers Xbox game, might be based on an old game.

That led me to an atari 2600 game Maze Craze: A game of cops and robbers

But still no dos or windows version, sorry. There was a port of atari 2600 games to win95, but I think that came on a CD. Not certain. :)
Ix10n10n

Post by Ix10n10n »

I thank all of you so far for your engagement.
I think it is strange that this game is nowhere to find. Even if you look for Pac-Man clones in particular you wont find it, that is what I dont get.
I for my self thought this game was awesome and still think it is awesome, because you eventually need to play this game with every robber to see all leveldesigns .. I never ever came past 4 cops but am sure there are levels wth even more of them. As an adult my chances of achieving this are in my opinion more likely than it was as a kid x) ... so I was on a searching rampage with no results which led me to this forum. Well I hope there is still someone here who knows what im talking about. One of the possibilities is that this game was created by amateurs and my father got his hands on it somehow. I cant ask him because he died, so I am stuck on this. :) ...

Well thank you anyway for your cooperation. <3

And of course happy new year in advance :)

Sincerely

Ix10n10n
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

The closest game that I can think of with cops and robbers that is pacman style is "Lock n Chase". However, it is 1 robber against a few cops, collecting dots, money bag / hat etc an temporarily closing doors that last past to stop cops from chasing you.

Screnshots1

The Gameboy version is more interesting with freeze time, collect diamond to get rid of cops and push big key.
Screenshots2