DOS puzzle game about a girl on a ladder

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
suzegirl

Post by suzegirl »

I used to play this game as a child. Each level has a different theme but in the first level you are a girl climbing a ladder on the right side of the screen and there are blocks of images of fruit on the left and you go up and down the ladder and hit the space bar to eliminate matching fruit, there is a space themed level and a fairy themed level, and more.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Your description lacks a lot of relevant information that would help identify the game.

Please read the posting guidelines which specifically outlines how to properly describe a game you'd like to find.
Beeham126

Post by Beeham126 »

Hi, I think I am looking for the same game as you. Did you play it in a Nintendo console in the early 1990's? 1992/3?

I remember that if you did not match the fruit on the left and there were no more moves left, your character would fall off the ladder like a soft blob. You could also only go up and down the ladder. The single player/single screen perspective never changed, but the fruit blocks on the left would eventually reduce, almost like Tetris, until there were none left and you proceeded to the next level.

I remember the game was very brown, soft golds. Your character would release a block to the left. The higher you went up the ladder, the further your block would travel to the left and would need to avoid releasing rocks between the fruit so it could come back.

The name of this game was strange, no kid under 12 could pronounce it, almost like it was in another language. It was also on a compilation disc with many other games... I think.

Hope we can find it,it's been on my mind for years now. 🙂
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Alrighty, I decided to Google some keywords, and I think I got a lead from a Russian website. Apparently the game you're looking for might be a Plotting variant.

The MobyGames list only has one DOS title in this group called Throwland from Spanish company Digital Dreams Multimedia. But the Russian site I mentioned also provides info on a different game which might be closer to what you describe, called Flying Pictures, which was part of a collection titled Russian Six Pack. Here's a gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdE1LQ1F9ig
Beeham126

Post by Beeham126 »

Hi MrFlibble. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

After 2 days of searching and trying to bring up 30 years of memories, your reply has answered my search. I checked out all you links and learnt what a Plotting variant is. The word Flip or Flip kept coming to mind and as soon as I saw the name, I knew it was the game I have been searching for. FLIPULL.

Thank you for the video link, it's spot on too.
I am eternally grateful.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Nice! Apparently Flipull is the title used for the NES version of the original Plotting.

Quite possibly, the OP was indeed looking for Flying Pictures from the Russian 6 Pack.
Beeham126

Post by Beeham126 »

Yes, I think the other person was looking for the girl on the ladder. Same concepts. Thank you again, I've had a great time playing and reminiscing.
You are very good at this and I'm so greatful. B
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Thank you. Glad you found the game you were looking for.