Two Old PS2/PS1 Games?

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Char

Two Old PS2/PS1 Games?

Post by Char »

Hello, I've been racking my brain to find the name of these two titles, so I've turned to the internet and tried to scour Wikipedia and various retro gaming websites to find these two games and so I've turned to this forum to wonder if anyone remembers.

The first game was an old 2D puzzle shooter title for the PS1 (think on the lines of Magical Drop or Puzzle Bobble) where you picked a character, and battled with an AI character to build structures on your own grid, such as a castle. The bigger it was built the more you'd hinder the other player, and eventually, when one player's grid was full to where they could not shoot another part up, they would lose. I'm not quite sure on the details of the game but for some reason the words 'magic', 'star' or 'build' comes to mind for the title, but I could be completely wrong. The game also featured a kind of 3D arcade side-challenge, but my memory is a little fuzzy on that part. I'm also not sure whether the game was originally made in Japan if that helps at all.

The second game was a 3D arcade fighter similar to Tekken or Rival Schools, and could possibly be a title for the PS2. I remember less about this game than the first one. I do remember the special abilities being activated by some kind of move where your character would send out some kind of red spinning diamond, where if it connected to your opponent the special move would be performed. I also remember the final boss to be a female character with wings, lol.

I apologise for giving such a vague description but if this rings a bell I'd love to hear your suggestions as to what it could be.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

I think I remember the second one.. but it was PS1.. Not soulblade is it?
Char

Post by Char »

Wally wrote:I think I remember the second one.. but it was PS1.. Not soulblade is it?
I don't think so, I just had a look and I don't recall the characters being from the Soulcalibur series.
Cush1978
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Cush1978 »

The 2nd one could also be Battle Arena Toshinden.