Old PC Prison Escape game [La Fuga]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Dahaka

Old PC Prison Escape game [La Fuga]

Post by Dahaka »

Okay, so I remember playing it as a child. It was released in the 90s. It has an isometric view. You are a prisoner, and you have to escape. There is a gym, a diner, there's a guy hitting his face on the wall. I didn't make too musch progress, but I remember stealing a spoon from the diner, and I could steal a metal rod from the gym. At night you have to return to your cell. Oh, and Fools Garden's Lemon Tree plays in the background. I would really like to play that game once more. I'd appreciate any help.
User avatar
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac
Posts: 2873
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:39 am

Post by MrFlibble »

"Isometric" and "prison escape" bring Relentless to mind, but that's probably not it.

Parts of the description of your game sound a lot more like a point-and-click adventure though, like TeenAgent or something.

[Edit] Oh, and check out Framed just in case.
Dahaka

Post by Dahaka »

@MrFlibble: The isometric view is like in Relentless, but it's not that. It was a kind of an adventure game, you could pick up stuff as I said, I found a spoon and a metal rod, but I couldn't really use them (I was like 4-5 at the time, and my English wasn't pretty good).

I clearly remember, that you could walk around with the cursor keys, you could talk to people, you had some kind of timer (at noon, all inmates had to go to the diner or the guards beat you, also at night you had to return to your cell), and there were a lot of NPCs - guards, other inmates. Some had personalities, I guess they could help you escape later on. Like the guy bashing his head on tha wall (I think he said he lost something, or something about a girlfriend.) Also there was a metal detector at the gym's door, so you couldn't bring the spoon in.
Dahaka

Post by Dahaka »

The view looked a bit like Sims. The prison was quite big, you could walk around during the day (you had a few days to escape, for your trial was close and you probably recieved capital punishment or something similar).
Dahaka

Post by Dahaka »

After hours of searching I found it!

It's called "La fuga" by Exelweiss Entertainment.

Now I just like to know a way to aquire it in English.
Dahaka

Post by Dahaka »

Never mind, found it. It's English name is Argon, but it's also seems to be titled The Fugitive in some countries. It was published in Europe by Phoenix Entertainment in 2003. I have found an Eglish version.

Just posting this here so if anyone is searching for it google will post this in the search results, and they won't have to spend hours looking for it like I did.

Cheers!
User avatar
dosraider
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9243
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: ROTFLMAO in Belgium.

Post by dosraider »

THX for letting us know.
:)
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
User avatar
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Quadko »

I haven't had any luck finding a review, reference, download, or buy link to any version of this game, be it called La Fuga, Argon, The Fugitive or anything else. About all I can find is the original developer / publisher's page for La Fuga, no problem, of course, and one or two references to the original Spanish version by people looking for it. One site reports it came on a computer magazine demo disk in the '96-98 range.

Anyone had any luck? Any suggestions? Am I using the wrong google? :P Mostly just curious; the Exelweiss site screenshots look cool.
User avatar
dosraider
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9243
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: ROTFLMAO in Belgium.

Post by dosraider »

Can'(t find anything either, except for Dahaka's post on The Escapist forum, the same as here.....
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
User avatar
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:19 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by Rwolf »

Found a bunch of (mostly dead) torrents for it, but that's about it so far.
Someone was offering to put it up for download again on a Polish forum, but no requests.

A review (by Jonathan Nash) in UK PC Gamer from Aug -99 rated it 70%
Dahaka

Post by Dahaka »

Hello again guys!

It's good to see that a few people are insterested in this game :D

I do have an English version, it runs on XP using Win 95 compatibility mode.

I could upload it to google drive and share it with you, if you like, and if that's allowed by the moderators. I am sure it's abandonware anyway.
Dahaka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Dahaka »

Oh and I was also the one who posted this on The Escapeist and that Polish site. I'm spreading the word, because there is absolutly no information about this game on the net. I've only found Spanish forums and a Spanish abandonware wiki referring to it. And it's not a bad game at all IMHO.
Gatoulis

Post by Gatoulis »

Oh my God! I read about this game back in 99 in the UK PC Gamer magazine and it was my dream game! I remember it was not a major review or anything but on the side of the magazine there was like a mini review with a game called "The fugitive". Unfortunately the game was not available in my country (it was common for bookstores to bring English magazines) and I even remember emailing the developers to see if I could get a copy of the game but for my bad luck this never happened. From time to time I always search for it and now it is the first time that I see someone else looking for it also! Dahaka I would be more than grateful if you could somehow either send me the game (if it is abandonware) or if there is a store to buy it to send me a link!
Dahaka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Dahaka »

Gatoulis wrote:Oh my God! I read about this game back in 99 in the UK PC Gamer magazine and it was my dream game! I remember it was not a major review or anything but on the side of the magazine there was like a mini review with a game called "The fugitive". Unfortunately the game was not available in my country (it was common for bookstores to bring English magazines) and I even remember emailing the developers to see if I could get a copy of the game but for my bad luck this never happened. From time to time I always search for it and now it is the first time that I see someone else looking for it also! Dahaka I would be more than grateful if you could somehow either send me the game (if it is abandonware) or if there is a store to buy it to send me a link!
I certainly can send it to you :) Register on this froum, and I'll PM you a link
Dudeson

This game

Post by Dudeson »

youtu(dot)be/zxs3iEgknlw?t=1m56s

Is this the game talked about? Then I'm looking too...
Dahaka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Dahaka »

Guest

Post by Guest »

Dahaka wrote:@MrFlibble: The isometric view is like in Relentless, but it's not that. It was a kind of an adventure game, you could pick up stuff as I said, I found a spoon and a metal rod, but I couldn't really use them (I was like 4-5 at the time, and my English wasn't pretty good).

I clearly remember, that you could walk around with the cursor keys, you could talk to people, you had some kind of timer (at noon, all inmates had to go to the diner or the guards beat you, also at night you had to return to your cell), and there were a lot of NPCs - guards, other inmates. Some had personalities, I guess they could help you escape later on. Like the guy bashing his head on tha wall (I think he said he lost something, or something about a girlfriend.) Also there was a metal detector at the gym's door, so you couldn't bring the spoon in.
Agree, you should pay attention to the metal detector at the gym's door.
ShayneThill
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:49 am

Post by ShayneThill »

Anonymous wrote:
Dahaka wrote:@MrFlibble: The isometric view is like in Relentless, but it's not that. It was a kind of an adventure game, you could pick up stuff as I said, I found a spoon and a metal rod, but I couldn't really use them (I was like 4-5 at the time, and my English wasn't pretty good).

I clearly remember, that you could walk around with the cursor keys, you could talk to people, you had some kind of timer (at noon, all inmates had to go to the diner or the guards beat you, also at night you had to return to your cell), and there were a lot of NPCs - guards, other inmates. Some had personalities, I guess they could help you escape later on. Like the guy bashing his head on tha wall (I think he said he lost something, or something about a girlfriend.) Also there was a metal detector at the gym's door, so you couldn't bring the spoon in.
Agree, you should pay attention to the metal detectors at the gym's door.
Metal detector is not enough for the public security.
bigman810
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by bigman810 »

do someone have a link for the game ?
User avatar
dosraider
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9243
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: ROTFLMAO in Belgium.

Post by dosraider »

Googling for "la fuga pc game download english" yields some results *mainly towards this topic :laugh: * but also towards torrent sites who claim to have the English version, English one as that was your question in your now deleted new topic.

One of the rules here on DGF is that for torrent stuffs you're on your own. We don't provide links towards illegal sites.
Means: you're on your own for this, needless to insist further.

Happy hunting, good luck and keep your AV-malware-spyware softs up to date.

Must also say that I doubt their claim to have the English version of that game, seems bogus to me......
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Post Reply