A few old games I'm trying to find

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
newuser

A few old games I'm trying to find

Post by newuser »

Game 1 was a really old game where all you had to do was bounce this yellow oval of energy or something to destroy walls. It was in first person and the oval would hit the screen then bounce and hit a part of the wall, then bounce back to the screen etc. I don't remember much else.

Game 2 was also an old game where you're a guy in the middle of the screen with 2 big red balls above you to the right and left. When you start the balls start bouncing and you have to destroy them. Each time you hit them they double and become smaller until they're too small to double and get destroyed. If they touch you you die.

Game 3 is this a game where you're this guy with a red cape I think. You have to find this girl Lenore (not sure if its the right name but similar to it). The way you die though is by dying of thirst. You can find a gem or something that makes you invincible from dying of thirst.

Any help would really be appreciated thanks.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Game 1 is break free
Grab it here - http://dosgames.com/g_bnp.php

Game 2 is Pang
Unable to provide link as its abandon ware. (Mame version is the best)

Game 3.. No idea.
Last edited by Wally on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newuser

Post by newuser »

Thanks a lot man. Breakfree was Game 1. Game 2 is Pang but I can't seem to find the correct version. It was a DOS version, visuals were simple and there wasn't any climbing or anything fancy. I remember a blueish background for the first level.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Abandonia has the original 1992 Pang game listed.
http://www.abandonia.com/games/64/

But you can find a freeware XP remake @ HotU.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
newuser

Post by newuser »

Thanks for trying but those screenshots look way too advanced from the version I remember. I don't even know if the version I played was even a legit version. Is there somewhere I can see images for every type that exists?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Several screens for different systems are posted@
http://www.mobygames.com/game/pang/screenshots
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
newuser

Post by newuser »

Nah I don't see it. I'm starting to think it might've been a spin off or something that's not under the Pang name.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Red capes and thirst are just coming up Sierra's Kings Quest series and Mystic Towers. Any chance it was an adventure game like that? Or more of an action/maze game?

Or Shogun comes to mind for some odd reason. The strange one, not the text adventure. ;)
newuser

Post by newuser »

I looked up all the king's quest games on mobygames but it wasn't there. The style is similar though. I would say this resembled it the most.

www.mobygames.com/game/roberta-williams ... creenshots

There was also a bar at the bottom of the screen with your items and stuff and I remember at one point if you kept going to the right of the screen you'd run into a cave with a Sasquatch in there or something.

Also for Game 2 the name Bump comes to mind for some reason if that helps.
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Post by Frodo »

Could it be Quest For Glory 1? B)
The guy has a red cape. And at the top right, there's a cave with a bear and a kobald.

Here's some screenshots
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/quest ... creenshots

And here's a bit showing the cave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z4OZ9Szmbw

:)
Please click on my dragons, to help them grow - Image Image Image
newuser

Post by newuser »

Wow that's very similar to the one I'm thinking of. The graphic style was a bit different from the game you posted. There was also a bar at the bottom displaying items.

I'll try to describe the character a bit more: He looks like he's in his 30s, he has short brown hair and a brown beard, maybe a white shirt and black pants. This is all from memory of a game I played a decade or so ago so it might not be 100% accurate.

Also I only remember 1 song playing and it looped over and over.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Not Quest for Glory V, is it?
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
newuser

Post by newuser »

No I just checked the screens for all Quest for Glory games to double check and I didn't see it there. The graphics look way more advanced than the game I'm remembering.
Masa El he'Avar
Game Finder
Game Finder

Post by Masa El he'Avar »

Game #2 could be Spit Wad Willy or Pea Shootin' Pete
Men Are from Sol, Women Are from Draconis.
newuser

Post by newuser »

Masa El he'Avar wrote:Game #2 could be Spit Wad Willy or Pea Shootin' Pete
No those aren't them. The game I'm remembering had really simplistic backgrounds. Is there a genre these types of games fall under?