DOS Spaceship Fighter game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Krt

DOS Spaceship Fighter game

Post by Krt »

Hi folks,

I'd really like to know the name of some old DOS game I used to play when I was a child.

- You were controlling a space ship (fighter). You were flying just forwards (in the upper side of the screen) and the screen was moving itself. You could - move your ship in any of this 2D direction on the current screen.
- There were many small ships flying towards you trying to hit you with bullets or whatever and you had to dodge the bullets and kill those ships.
- You had various kinds of shooting styles. First you had just one forward direction of yellow shots, then you could grab better (2 forwards), then 3 forwards, then 1 forward and 2 in 45° degrees on both sides, then those previos 3 and one more from behind, then 2 more on both sides etc...
- When someone shot you, your shooting style changed back to the first one, and with another hit you were killed.
- There was very big mother ship at the end you had to kill.
- The game is old, very colorful, the space fighter was blue and the shots were yellow.

Does anyone know its name?

Thanks for your advice!
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Try looking through the names/screenshots of the games here and see if any of them match:

http://dosgames.com/g_spa.php
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Fointard

I know what you're looking for !

Post by Fointard »

Xenon 2 Megablast
Vyothric

Post by Vyothric »

Sounds more like Major Stryker to me.

Edit: Just saw how long ago original post was. :sleep:

Got it!

Post by Guest »

Nah, I know which game the OP is referring to, because it's the one I'm trying to remember as well! I thought it was called X a n a x (forums think that's it's spam, so have to break it up) ... AHAHAHAHA!! Xatax!! There it is!

Xatax