Looking for two DOS games [Outrtun & Stellar 7]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
danigar

Looking for two DOS games [Outrtun & Stellar 7]

Post by danigar »

Hello Everyone, I stumbled upon this website when looking for some old DOS games that I played in my childhood and which I have been trying to find but it has been impossible. I hope you can help me, I have been trying to compile all the games that I have played that have had some significance to me, and even though I have fond memories of these two, I can't seem to find a clue of their name or anything...

The first one is a kind of racing car in which you drive a red sports car and I think you had to sort obstacles or other cars until you reached a goal in a set time. I remember there were various ways that reached different goals, and they offered different scenarios and I think different celebrations when you reached them. Another thing was that you had a girl in the passenger's seat and I remember that when you crashed, she would point at you angry lol

The other one may be more obscure, it was one of the first games i owned but I came to hated for all the frustrations it gave me. After all this years I've been wanting to remember it for all the time I spent trying to like it and trying to get past the first 5 minutes or so :P It was a bad game, probably the worst game I have ever played (that's why i want to remember it :P), it was really hard and it didn't make much sense. It was a kind of FPS and I think it was set on mars. You controlled a type of tank, I think, and you had to shoot some weird things that I don't remember well like other tanks, but after a while if you manage to kill some of those, then appeared a big robot or something and it was nearly impossible to kill. That's all I remember sadly :( but is worth a shot I guess.
:D
Masa El he'Avar
Game Finder
Game Finder

Post by Masa El he'Avar »

Men Are from Sol, Women Are from Draconis.
danigar

Post by danigar »

Yep that's it! Outrun thank you so much!! :D What memories! Although I never played the sequel, that would be nice to check out... I guess the other game is harder but well if everyone have an idea that would be awesome. Thanks
AshyRaccoon
Expert
Expert

Post by AshyRaccoon »

Stellar 7? http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/stell ... otId,4562/ I remembered "Mars", and the big robot.
danigar

Post by danigar »

Yes! That's the one, thanks AshyRaccoon! Stellar 7, do you guys know much about this game? I had it in the original box and everything but I think I lost it somewhere (or threw it away out of frustration? :shame: ) Anyway I would like to try it again if only to see if now I can get past that robot lol. Thank you everyone, I guess this is solved then :)
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

I definitely remember Stellar 7 and its sequel Nova 9. They were supposedly "the best" Battlezone games of their time, after previous generation's Arctic Fox. I didn't beat them, but I sure had fun playing them.

I have no idea if the difficulty is because of the game type - all the "battlezone" family tended to have odd controls or responses based on being a Future Tank idea rather than just a "guy with a gun". Battlezone itself was always difficult but fun for me - I heard it started as an actual military simulator? But that rumor could be rubbish. Still, it was one of my favorite and memorable arcade experiences, and I followed up with Arctic Fox, and Stellar 7, and Spectre VR, and I still check out the remake scene now and again. Lots of fun!

I hope you can take Gir Draxon out this time! :)

Hm, it looks like the '98 remake of Battlezone was patched by developer Ken Miller on the BZ fan site. (Maybe even the whole game released for free according to some comments?) That might be worth checking out as well if you have fun with Stellar 7.

I also was hoping Vector Tanks (an '09 Battlezone Remake on the IPhone) would make it to other platforms since I'm not an IPhone person, but I guess not. It got good reviews if that is an appropriate platform.