Looking for ancient DOS FPS (horror-themed) [Shadowcaster]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
serrath

Looking for ancient DOS FPS (horror-themed) [Shadowcaster]

Post by serrath »

I remember seeing someone play a small amount of an FPS game and it's been bothering me for ages. Please help me figure out what this game is!

Here's what I remember:

3D FPS with 2D graphics (So FPS, but like DOOM II style. No 3D accelerator required)

He had some kind of magic weapon, I think (So we're looking at magic here, not sci-fi)

He completed a level (pretty sure it was an early one) and there was some text introduction to the next level. It said something about entering a graveyard or cemetary or something to that effect where you can feel the spirit of your grandfather or something. There are carnivorous plants (if I remember correctly they looked like roses) which were all but impossible to kill. (He managed to kill stuff from the previous level without too much trouble but couldn't kill a single killer-plant thing.)

I've tried google to find what this is, but I'm really not sure. I know it's a DOS game, and it ran on a P5-75. May well have been floppy-loaded? Any help here is greatly appreciated, this has been bugging me for years (try more than ten).

I'm pretty sure the game wasn't Hexen or Heretic, but the visuals in Hexen and the mage's weapon seem almost perfect for it. I just can't find the graveyard, and the text-intro to the graveyard level means that there have to be text-intros to levels...
Masa El he'Avar
Game Finder
Game Finder

Post by Masa El he'Avar »

ShadowCaster ?
Men Are from Sol, Women Are from Draconis.
serrath

Post by serrath »

Sounds right! Thanks!