Looking for 6 games [4 found, 2 to go ....]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Hamade.

Looking for 6 games [4 found, 2 to go ....]

Post by Hamade. »

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a few games, hope this forum could help me out :D

1) A 2D side scrolling game with very primitive graphics, you control a guy that can only walk and jump but not shoot, the setting is a labyrinth/tomb (pretty huge one) with black background and white/beige walls. I also remember that you could die by the walls closing in on you. The guy could jump pretty high and far. You travel through the labyrinth both horizontally and vertically through ladders, again, the maps were huge.

<strike>2) A 2D side scrolling game, with a weird mythological theme. You control a warrior (gladiator?) and can only throw knifes in the beginning (it gets upgraded later I think). The monsters are weird too (in their body looks), I remember gargoyles. The warrior couldn’t jump high you can aim the knives using the arrows. All the creatures and the character himself dies with an explosion animation. The character wore a warrior helmet (like the Spartans). The second level had many monsters in the beginning.</strike>

<strike> 3) Another 2D game, but more realistic. You control a character going left and right through scenes (by passing the screen). There is a storyline in this one and a lot of written text (which I didn’t understand when I was young so that’s why I was stuck in the second scene =p). I remember three scenes from the game: a plane crash in the background, a bridge, and a creepy house.</strike>

<strike> 4) A 2.5D where you control a wizard, and you’re in a castle (Isn’t that Wizard Tower or something)?</strike>

5) I really can’t remember much from this one, sorry. A 2D fighting side scrolling game, I remember a scene where you went down the sewers and found multiple guys to beat down. The guys were pretty tall relative to the screen and the theme was a dark one (at night). I also remember that the characters were not all humans.

<strike> 6) A 2D game where you control a ball using the arrows to solve puzzles. Further levels require you to control multiple balls at once and they all move together at once. </strike>

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post =3
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

2 -> Gods
http://www.mobygames.com/game/gods

That's all you get from me, I really don't like lists .......
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Hamade

Post by Hamade »

It's them, perfect!! Thanks a lot guys! You made my month =p

Any clue about the other 4?
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: Looking for 6 games [2 found, 4 to go ....]

Post by MrFlibble »

Hamade wrote:1) A 2D side scrolling game with very primitive graphics, you control a guy that can only walk and jump but not shoot, the setting is a labyrinth/tomb (pretty huge one) with black background and white/beige walls. I also remember that you could die by the walls closing in on you. The guy could jump pretty high and far. You travel through the labyrinth both horizontally and vertically through ladders, again, the maps were huge.
Does it look anything like Pharaoh's Tomb or Monuments of Mars or Arctic Adventure?
Hamade wrote:4) A 2.5D where you control a wizard, and you’re in a castle (Isn’t that Wizard Tower or something)?
The more obvious guesses would be Heretic or Hexen, but you could also try Amulets and Armor and An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

5) Alien Rampage?
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

486 player wrote:5) Alien Rampage?
Did you mean Alien Carnage? One of the episodes there takes place in the sewers, although technically it's not a "fighting" game.
AshyRaccoon
Expert
Expert

Post by AshyRaccoon »

Hamade

Post by Hamade »

Sorry for my late reply
Does it look anything like Pharaoh's Tomb or Monuments of Mars or Arctic Adventure?
It looks VERY similar to these games but the walls were white, and I remember it looked a little more primitive.
The more obvious guesses would be Heretic or Hexen, but you could also try Amulets and Armor and An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire.
Sorry for my bad description, it's not a FPS and not a 2.5D, it's like the SIMS where you control a guy in a third person view, you also enter and exit rooms.
Did you mean Alien Carnage? One of the episodes there takes place in the sewers, although technically it's not a "fighting" game.
As you said, it's not a fighting game ;/ I remember the character used no weapons except maybe knifes. And you fought other "bad guys" not aliens =p
4. Mystic Towers?
Looks very similar but with a more elevated view from above :)

I really appreciate the help I'm getting, thanks all, you're the best :D
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Hamade wrote:
4. Mystic Towers?
Looks very similar but with a more elevated view from above :)
Hm, maybe it was Bitmap Brothers' Cadaver or its sequel?

Or was it one of those isometric RPGs (like Diablo)? Here's an early example: The Summoning.
Hamade

Post by Hamade »

MrFlibble wrote: Or was it one of those isometric RPGs (like Diablo)? Here's an early example: The Summoning.
It looked very similar to The Summoning, but the character you controlled had a wizard hat on, and I remember he wore pajamas/indoor clothing =p
Hamade

Post by Hamade »

Sorry sorry! Mistake! I meant "similar to Cadaver", not The summoning.
Hamade

Post by Hamade »

Hi, I'm re-posting what's left here, this time on an account for easier edit.

#4 seems to be "Mystic Towers" after all, thanks a lot AshyRaccoon :D

3 games left to find:

1) A 2D side scrolling game with very primitive graphics, you control a guy that can only walk and jump but not shoot, the setting is a labyrinth/tomb (pretty huge one) with black background and white/beige walls. I also remember that you could die by the walls closing in on you. The guy could jump pretty high and far. You travel through the labyrinth both horizontally and vertically through ladders, again, the maps were huge. My brother says that the guy you controlled had a hat, a gun, and was wearing blue. NOT: Pharaoh's Tomb, Monuments of Mars (but similar to them), Arctic Adventure

2) I really can’t remember much from this one, sorry. A 2D fighting side scrolling game, I remember a scene where you went down the sewers and found multiple guys to beat down. The guys were pretty tall relative to the screen and the theme was a dark one (at night). I also remember that some characters were mutants and you used mostly melee fighting (sometimes knives). NOT: Alien Carnage

3) A 2D game where you control a ball using the arrows to solve puzzles. Further levels require you to control multiple balls at once and they all move together at once. The objective was to place the different balls in one/different places. The title had something with Z or W or X.

Thanks again to everyone who's helping.
Last edited by Hamade on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Masa El he'Avar
Game Finder
Game Finder

Post by Masa El he'Avar »

1) Maybe one of the Rick Dangerous games? Or one of the Montezuma games ?
Men Are from Sol, Women Are from Draconis.
Hamade

Post by Hamade »

Nope =/ the game had more primitive graphics than these.
Masa El he'Avar
Game Finder
Game Finder

Post by Masa El he'Avar »

I don't think there ARE more primitive graphics than Montezuma's Revenge...
Men Are from Sol, Women Are from Draconis.
Hamade

Post by Hamade »

You're maybe right. But the game had less details and items... I can't remember any items at all actually... only keys
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Maybe Pharaoh's Revenge?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/phara ... Id,312355/

Or Lode Runner, or one of the dozens of Lode Runner clones?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/lode- ... Id,279891/

Lode runner clones for DOS:

http://lodedome.no-ip.com/index.php?rfn ... B2F34F1C5E
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Hamade

Post by Hamade »

It looks VERY similar to Lode Runner except for two things:

1. The walls were white
2. The screen followed you as you moved (which means that the level fit more than the screen, the maps were huge)

Yes, I remember you were followed by creatures... and there were different types of monsters...

I feel we're getting closer to finding it :D
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

There's a pretty obscure game called Dr. Sleeptite And The Nightmare Factory , which is obviously a Lode Runner clone, that fits your description (I think):