Not sure if it's pure DOS or just early windows, but...

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
AniDragon

Not sure if it's pure DOS or just early windows, but...

Post by AniDragon »

Figured this would still be a good place to ask.

There are two games that I'm interested in finding.

The first was a little maze/puzzle game, very simple graphics, called Ki. Unfortunately, plugging that into google yields pretty much no useful results. But you were this little green ball, and had to collect diamonds. It was actually quite challenging. I remember playing it on Windows 3.1.

The other, I can't remember if it was on 3.1 or 95, but I do remember that the demo came on a 3 1/2 inch floppy. The main character was... some sort of amazonian woman, I think. Not wearing very much, similar clothing style to Vampirella, and in fact may have even been a rip-off of her, since I think her name sounded similar to that, as well. It was a side scroller, and I remember fighting a lot of plant-like monsters. Can't remember the name for the life of me.

Any help with either of these games would be lovely!
Masa El he'Avar
Game Finder
Game Finder

Post by Masa El he'Avar »

Second game is almost certainly Vinyl Goddess From Mars.
Men Are from Sol, Women Are from Draconis.
AniDragon

Post by AniDragon »

Ahah! Yes, that's it. Wow, looking that up, what a great soundtrack on it! Now I remember why I played it for hours on end...
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Re: Not sure if it's pure DOS or just early windows, but...

Post by JKSM »

AniDragon wrote: The first was a little maze/puzzle game, very simple graphics, called Ki. Unfortunately, plugging that into google yields pretty much no useful results. But you were this little green ball, and had to collect diamonds. It was actually quite challenging. I remember playing it on Windows 3.1.
You mispelled the name. The game you are looking for is called Kye. :D
Here's a screenshot from Googles. You should be able to find the download by search engines since version 2 became charity shareware. If not, let me know but I have to find where I kept that shareware.
AniDragon

Post by AniDragon »

Eee! Thank you! It was crazy fun.