"Find felix"??? [Solved]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Rwolf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:09 pm

Hello Eric,
was this game developed for a 8086/286/386 or later machine?
I may have some older hardware to try it on, if it's a timing/cpu issue.
(I don't have IBM basic ROM:s in them, but I think it's not a requirement)
It could also be corrupt files, in which case it's probably a lost case.

Were any of the other things you wrote released games?
(Thinking of adding information to Mobygames database)

/Rwolf.

Ericj

Can't remember which machine probably 286/386

Post by Ericj » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 am

Hi:

As above, I have had way too many computers but it was in the early 90's. I suspect it does have something to do with what you said since I haven't got it to run for a long time. Don't think it's corrupt files since it did the same thing with the original that did run at one time.

I also had a slew of other shareware programs out both for DOS and early Windows. I haven't messed with them for years but have recently been looking into what I have left (got rid of a lot) since I have been playing with 3 old machines lately.

Most were featured in some shareware magazines at the time... everything from XHang a DOS (strip) hangman game using sexually oriented words (and a more normal hangman game for Windows 3.1) Word Wheel (Win- similar to Wheel of Fortune) a program called MR-DOS that simulated a DOS prompt but gave even weirder responses than MS-DOS when commands were entered and quite a few others, about 50 or so. Even a courier service dispatching program (Win) that I used for many years as well as a fitness program.

Obviously my name/address were embedded in most of them for registration and it's changed a couple times since and I would not expect payment for anything at this time. But as was the policy then, none were "cripple-ware" although registrants received an enhanced version or upgrade.

If I get a chance I'll try to make a more comprehensive list of what I have left, especially MS-DOS.

Thanks,
Eric
Rwolf wrote:Hello Eric,
was this game developed for a 8086/286/386 or later machine?
I may have some older hardware to try it on, if it's a timing/cpu issue.
(I don't have IBM basic ROM:s in them, but I think it's not a requirement)
It could also be corrupt files, in which case it's probably a lost case.

Were any of the other things you wrote released games?
(Thinking of adding information to Mobygames database)

/Rwolf.

Sanguine36

Getting Find Felix to run

Post by Sanguine36 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:16 am

Hello, I have actually gotten Find Felix to run many times. I made a batch file which runs the program thirty times or something. Then I made another batch file which runs the first one a bunch of times. Most of the runs give the error message but usually at least one time actually works. I would hold down the enter key and it would run the program over and over until one iteration was successful.

This was on a Thinkpad laptop without using Dosbox however, using the dos shell command line inside of windows. I don't remember which version of windows it was.