Old game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
lalala

Old game

Post by lalala »

Looking for the name of an old game that used to be on school computers. It had robots, and a detective; you tried to find clues; you were in a castle, and the opening scene was a view of the castle at night. Any suggestions of what this game could be?
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Sounds like one of those Old skool MEC games... was the main character a teenager kid with a red baseball cap?
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

It was a TLC game... Midnight Rescue by name. You can buy it from TLC as of yet I believe... get one of their catolouges and see if it's there. If not, I still have floppies for the original game in my attic...
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Just a note, Wardrich: MECC, a company my uncle helped build and programmed for (he wrote and still writes the "Oregon Trail" games along with Amazon Trail and Yukon Trail... if you've ever been in one of the hunt scenes in OT 2/3 many of those photo backround locations are real... flimed on my grandpa's farm) was bought out by TLC a few years back.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

wow, are you serious DB... thats amazing!
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Yes, I am serious. As a side note, he also knows Bill Gates... well, he's met with him for lunch a couple of times. (He used to be the VP of TLC so I would assume it has to do with advisory/business transactions)

Unfortunately, he has yet to carry through with my assassion plots... :devil:
ada

Post by ada »

Yes! get him to kill Gates........put on his tombstone "this man has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"
Homz
Expert
Expert

Post by Homz »

Wow, that's sweet! Those games are pretty good.

And, you know, I'm really getting tired of this pointless Win bashing.
"You believe me," I said gratefully.
"Of course I do," and he held out his hand. "I believe everything out of the common. The only thing to distrust is the normal."

The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan,
Chapter III
Do you like medieval fighting games or RPG's?
Click aici.
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

Do we really have to kill him? Can't we just do something to his vocal cord and his hands (so he can't type). He'll eventually suicide from helplessness.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

the games weren't that bad, but the main problem was that they were soo frustrating at times... My fav was Museum Madness or w/e it was called...
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

http://www.cybercitysoftware.com/supsolmidres.html <-online store where you can buy Midnight Rescue... only $7.99.
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Is it just me, but I find 3, 4, and possibly (haven't played it yet) of OT extremely lacking as compared to the complexity of 2?
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

3 and 4 were made as "big cash cows" for TLC while 1 and 2 were serious, hard worked and very well developed projects made back when MECC was a small, rather close-knit company. It's like the difference between the old super solver TLC games (some of the best games ever made) and the modern TLC games. (utter polically correct, cutzy, dumbed down trash)
Homz
Expert
Expert

Post by Homz »

What games <i>does</i> TLC make nowadays? I am aware that more recently they have been straying from their purpose of Learning with games like Tomb Raider....
"You believe me," I said gratefully.
"Of course I do," and he held out his hand. "I believe everything out of the common. The only thing to distrust is the normal."

The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan,
Chapter III
Do you like medieval fighting games or RPG's?
Click aici.