Old Game [= Hero's Quest]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.

Old Game [= Hero's Quest]

Post by Guest »

Hi

im in search for an old floppy disk game.

i never got to beat it, but i do remember a few things.
it had great graphic (back in those days). there was a few classes that you can choose from, one of it was a thief, and boy it was hard to picklock.

you would start off in a town.
there is a fixed frame, and you control the character to move around that frame/scene and when you hit the sides, it would load the next scene.
when you in combat, you have a 1 on 1 with the enemy/monster and you can see there are others waiting if you beat them. the screen goes all black and you see yourself and the enemy only, and you move him from left to right to dodge attack and press up arrow to attack.
you can find a job at a stable.
if you sleep outside in the town, you will get rolled (will lost your gold/items)
there is a tree/flower sort of thing which you need to help, there was also a bear (someone that got turned into a bear), a witch like house. you had to throw rocks at a bird nest to get a key.

some other stuff i remember about it:
there was 4 disk
use the keyboard arrows to move around
you use keywords to do actions etc
- pick up rock; you will see a guy picking up something from the ground.
- climb tree/wall
- pick lock
- run/escape; when your in battle
you can level up your throwing, climbing, fighting
it was in colour

it is pretty old, im not sure if anyone do remember it, but i did enjoy it and want to play it as its on my mind alot.
any screenshots/info/name would be heaps great.

thanks in advance
Quarex
Alaskan-malamute

Post by Quarex »

I do not remember every aspect you mention specifically, but I am about 95% sure this is Hero's Quest I: So You Want to Be a Hero (later renamed to Quest for Glory I, first in the series of 5). It came on 10 disks for me, but they were most likely low-density, and even though I feel like they would have thus fit on 3 high-density floppies, I guess you never know.

Post by Guest »

OMG you bloody legend! That's the one.
Thanks man