lurid land

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
michal90

lurid land

Post by michal90 »

hello does anyone know where I can get the game named Lurid Land...please help! :bday:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Use the search function and you'll find several topics about this one.
Seems to be a lost game.

One of those days I will dig in my ol'shareware CDs, maybe it's on one of those somewhere ..... (Don't hold your breath, I'm planning to make a DB of all those ol'CDs for the last 10 years .... never seems to find the needed time/energy to do it.)
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
michcio

Post by michcio »

yeah I know I have searched (on this forum,) here and there but haven't found it anywhere...It would be really cool if you would find it somwhere in your old CDs :D :thumbsup:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

As I said, don't hold your breath.....
Me guess it will have to wait t'll my early retirement.
:(

*But as I'm 53 in november .... that could come fast.* :D
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

I guess neither of you can google :O
http://www.fileplanet.com/42567/40000/f ... Lurid-Land

Dosraider can but hes getting older and his brain is melting :p.. Lets only hope he doesn't get dementia soon
:cry:
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Wally*Won_Kenobie wrote:Dosraider can but hes getting older and his brain is melting :p.. Lets only hope he doesn't get dementia soon
:cry:

Now now, Wally, don't use words if you don't know what they mean... "dementia"?... "brain"...?
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

YOU MUST HAVE A FILEPLANET ACCOUNT TO DOWNLOAD THIS FILE
:(

Now Wally, if that's the best you can do ......... screw you.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Or, you could just download it from dosgames.com. It's a funky site, but they've got some really cool administrators there. :angel:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

:D
THX.
michcio

Post by michcio »

oh sorry I have totaly forgotten about this thread I wrote :P .... ty for this .zip though I have found the game already from some site ... ( the same .zip) but the thing is ... this game doesn't work in Windows XP/Vista... so I had to make a win98 machine on my comp... then I am able to run this game... but the thing is there is no place we can download or even buy the full vers. of this game :/ that's sad
P.S. ones again sorry I have forgotten of this fantastic forum :D
timmy_guns

Post by timmy_guns »

Hey guys, I've been playing this game since my friend introduced me to it back in 1998 (we were both 6 years old back then), and even after ten years later I never figured how to complete this damn game. I've been returning to this game every once in a while, however, once I installed XP, I couldn't run it anymore, so I forgot about it... Then I found other ways to play it (VirtualPC) and enjoyed this game once again. I had the original CD, actually I still have, but last time I wanted to try out this game I found that the CD is so scratched that it doesn't work anymore :(. I kept searching for this game every time I had a taste for it, but without results...until now.

The guy says it's a cracked spanish version with imported english language, someone's gotta try it out, if it really works. One thing is sure, the file seems bigger than the original demo thats downloadable around the internet. I am gonna install Virtual PC tomorrow, to test it myself. Here's the link:

http://community.the-underdogs.info/pub ... idLand.zip

Also, here's a list of passwords:

http://www.ceskehry.wz.cz/navody/lurid_land.htm

I included the story, just to show you guys how much does the game mean to me :P. And I am pretty sure, that a lot of you guys have been searching for this game as well, without result though, and will appreciate it...well as long as it really works :D

ImageImage

LOL, there goes a pic of the original Lurid Land CD
timmy_guns

Post by timmy_guns »

Okay guys, I've just tested this game, perfectly working, enjoy! :thumbsup:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

:thumbsup:
Nice, THX fot sharing.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

What's the game about? What style is it? I may check it out.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

It's a platformer, nice graphics, gameplay a bit better then average.
ImageImage
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Thanks, graphics look decent. A little gung-ho on the gradient fills, but whatever. lol. I never really was one for Platformers, though. (Other than the real classics)
in8sense

Lurid Land Full Version

Post by in8sense »

OMG! I remember this game!!!I also remember how I always got so stuck on that particular screen when the man wound up on a shelf off the roof and I couldn't do a thing with him afterwards! LoL I would love to play it again, but I am runing in Vista 64-bit and aren't as savvy as the rest of you folks that know about VitualPC or how to get it running, even if I had it. Nice to see that it hasn't completely died!!!
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: Lurid Land Full Version

Post by dosraider »

in8sense wrote: LoL I would love to play it again, but I am runing in Vista 64-bit and aren't as savvy as the rest of you folks that know about VitualPC or how to get it running, .....
You don't need to be a computer expert to run it on VPC.
Vista64?
Get the 64bits version of VPC2007 there:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/produc ... fault.mspx
(It's freeware owerdays)
You also need preferably W98 or even better W98SE.
Install VPC, start it up, create a 'new VM', install W98SE in it, be sure to install the VMAdditions (it's also provided with VPC) and ....
Or install 'shared folders'
Or if it's only for one game you simply create an ISO from the game, mount it in VPC and install it in W98SE.
Done.

That's in a nutshell, maybe you will get some troubles, but it really isn't thàt hard to do.
Caco

Missed link

Post by Caco »

Hi guys! I tried ti follow the link posted in the previous page and no answer in the brownser (it seems to not work!!!).
Can someone who have the Lurid Land file game post a link, because its a great game and now I'been playing some old games. Thanks
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Dogbreath wrote:Or, you could just download it from dosgames.com. It's a funky site, but they've got some really cool administrators there. :angel:
Works for me.