Action/Adventure 3d person set in Ancient Egypt

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Monochromatic

Post by Monochromatic »

Hello everyone,
I've been looking for this game for ever. I asked everywhere but nothing, so this is what I remember about it:

- Game is from the late 90s, early 00s.
- I played it on windows.
- 3D person view.
- 3D environment/movement.
- You were in control of a guy.
- The enemies, I think, were skeletons, among others that I cannot remember
- If I had to describe the genre it would be Action/Adventure. Action, not like God of War or Prince of Persia, more like RPG action.
- The setting/atmosphere was really gloomy and dark (I remember it as if it were always night) and it was set in ancient Egypt. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out not to be (and it was just one of the worlds you visited for example [I'm not saying you visited many worlds, just an example]) but I seem to remember certain locations where they had to do with ancient Egypt. I remember the pyramids. I remember the god Anubis (I think?) and the scales of justice (??) and some crypts.
- I have no idea what the story was, but I'm 98% sure you didn't use guns, just swords and stuff (if that). I also remember using something to teleport to certain locations, like portals or something. In terms of gameplay, I remember solving traps/puzzles, some basic combat and some dialog.
- All in all the game was unique in terms of its atmosphere. I remember it pretty dark and bizarre (well, I was ~10 years old then so who knows).

Searching the forum for a potential answer I found a topic which seemed to describe the game I'm looking for (dosgames . com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21453&p=128205&hilit=egypt#p128205) c. Except, he concluded that his game was "Montezuma's Return (1998)", which is not what I am looking for. My game seemed more fantastical (not just an Indiana Jones type game) and dark and bizarre. Also, Montezuma's Return is in first person and always indoors (some temple or something), what I'm looking for had (plenty of) outside locations

That's all I can remember for this game. At this point, I don't think I will ever find it but who knows.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old game set in Ancient Egypt (Action/Adventure 3d person)

Post by emmzee »

I dont think this is it, but you could let us know how similar / different it is from the one you remember?

https://dosgames.com/game/powerslave/
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Here is a list of games with an egyptian setting, maybe you can find it there:

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/setting-egyptian-
Monochromatic

Post by Monochromatic »

emmzee wrote: I dont think this is it, but you could let us know how similar / different it is from the one you remember?
Nah, that's not it. This look more like a doom set in Egypt, which sound pretty cool, but I don't think it's "my" game. This is a shooter. Also, from what I can tell, you are pretty much always indoors. I remember walking around outdoors locations.

Some examples I found thanks to Rwolf's list are:
- The Maze of Kings (youtu . be/iMFqy_Sdwc4?t=531). Expect this one is too arcade-y and too much left click mashing. But the setting and the overall atmosphere (on the time of the video I gave) are more or less how I remember it. Also this one is first person too but at this point I'm starting to think maybe the game I'm looking for is FPP too.
- S.C.A.R.A.B. (youtu . be/VKsBqnscPe8?t=276). This is a battle arena with Egyptian gods or something, which is not what I'm looking for, but this sci-fi/ancient Egypt architecture (albeit, "my" game didn't have so many open/empty spaces) seems right to what I'm trying to find.
Monochromatic

Post by Monochromatic »

Rwolf wrote: Here is a list of games with an egyptian setting, maybe you can find it there:
I actually have looked in this site, but I couldn't find a categorization through "setting". Thanks, it actually helped finding some look-alikes
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

I had S.C.A.R.A.B in mind as Anibus is mentioned quite a lot, however the other game I had in mind is Serious Sam which isn't really RPG but it's based in egypt and you go DEEP into crypts. I doubt it's this.
Monochromatic

Post by Monochromatic »

Wally wrote: I had S.C.A.R.A.B in mind as Anibus is mentioned quite a lot, however the other game I had in mind is Serious Sam which isn't really RPG but it's based in egypt and you go DEEP into crypts. I doubt it's this.
Haha, no. It's definitely not Serious Sam. I played them a lot and I would have definitely rememberεδ if it was it..... what a crazy game it is.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Yes, crazy game indeed.

Good luck in your search
Byteshuffle

Post by Byteshuffle »

Hi Monochromatic,

I think I know that game. Its called "Egypt 1156 B.C. Tomb of the Pharaoh". I have that game somewhere in storage. Search YouTube for: Egypt 1156 B.C. - Tomb of the Pharaoh 1997 PC

Hope this is the one! Greetz Joris
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Looking a the game suggested by Byteshuffle, this seems more like a serious adventure/detective type story, not something with skeleton enemies etc.
https://www.mobygames.com/game/egypt-11 ... he-pharaoh