Tank 2D

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
bizar

Tank 2D

Post by bizar »

Hello!

So this is what I remember:

It was a tank. Small. On a road. The perspective was perpendicular from above. The tank was constantly moving forward - this effect was achieved - the tank was more or less staying in one place and the road would come down. It had to shoot obstacles and all kinds of enemies - all machines. It would get weapon upgrades (start with 1 barrel small laser like shot, upgrade to 2 barrel, and then the upgrades got creative). Every level ended with a boss - some kind of machine. Each had its own special way of being defeated. Just shooting would not always do the trick.

I haven't been able to find it so far...
In my computer it was named `hh` - I don't know if the guy that installed it (90s) was thinking of something, it was short for something, or just random letters.

Thanks a bunch!
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Tank 2D

Post by Rwolf »

Wild guess based on the game executable name; 'Highway Hunter'; vertical shoot-em-up with an armed car on a road and powerups to pick up.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/highway-hunter
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Tank 2D

Post by MrFlibble »

Rwolf wrote: Wild guess based on the game executable name; 'Highway Hunter'; vertical shoot-em-up with an armed car on a road and powerups to pick up.
Exactly what I thought.