The [now] Mandatory "Last movie you saw?" Thread

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Just watched "It's a wonderful life" I've almost never cried at a movie with a happy ending. That last line "No man who has friends is a failure" just tore me apart. It's just so meaningful, so epic, so poignant, so inspiring to continue being a good person no matter what happens and EVERYONE can relate to it somehow... my God WHAT A WONDERFUL MOVIE!!! (sniff) :)

My only quip is I should have seen it at Christmas with the family. Would've made it even sweeter... oh what the hell... MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Splice

I didn't expected too much from this one, but I must say it was pretty good, better then the average crap we get lately ..... recommended by yours trully.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Nobody seen Inception yet? Loved it! Not quite as surreal as I had hoped, but the ideas and the big action setpiece were absolutely thrilling. Probably movie of the year.

Also saw End of Days yesterday. Not sure why. Predictable, boring action-movie with Schwarzenegger.
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Gamer_V wrote:Nobody seen Inception yet?
... is on my -long- list.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Gamer_V wrote: Also saw End of Days yesterday. Not sure why. Predictable, boring action-movie with Schwarzenegger.
Ha ha I remember when that End of Days movie came out. I was a 14 year old Christian fanatic and thought the world would end by the year 2000 so I wanted to see it badly but then read a really bad review in a magazine and went to 'Stuart Little' with my cousin instead lol.... Good times :)
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Gamer_V wrote:Nobody seen Inception yet? Loved it! Not quite as surreal as I had hoped, but the ideas and the big action setpiece were absolutely thrilling. Probably movie of the year.
I thought it cut a nice balance. Any more surreal and it would've been inaccessible to the general public. It might have survived as a cult classic like Donnie Darko, but wouldn't have been a hit.

And God yes, I loved it. Saw it twice in one week, might see it again this week. It takes off a little slow, but the last 45 minutes or so has of the best acting and cinematography I've seen in years. Do you know how rare it is to get an action movie with a deep plot and brilliant dialogue?
I was a 14 year old Christian fanatic and thought the world would end by the year 2000
This explains so much...
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

dosraider wrote:
Gamer_V wrote:Nobody seen Inception yet?
... is on my -long- list.

Aaaaaand here goes Inception in the deep freezer, got the complete Deep Space 9 series from someone, boxed, seven seasons .... that's more like it.
Will take me some months to view the stuff. It's amazing how much I forgot of them series.

Personally I consider DS9 and TNG the last 'real' Star Trek series.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Just watched 'Searching for Bobby Fischer'

Nice little movie and it looks like they finally found him :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QryuMf8qZ0g

RIP :(
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Larry Laffer wrote:Astérix aux Jeux Olympiques

Fun stuff!
Ha ha Asterix films really capture the comics well and always waaaaaaaay over the top :D
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

I got The Princess Bride on DVD earlier.

Call me a sucker if you will, but I quite like that movie/book.
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

^sucker.

Naaaaaaa, not really, each his own.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

My friend dragged me into seeing Avatar FINALLY and I have to say despite avoiding it all this while I was truly impressed. Not just by the graphics but because the beautiful message Mr.James Cameroon has crafted inside of it... human beings are the worst piece of s*** in the entire universe and the only way to escape total extinction is to become a completely different race in another planet somewhere :P
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Recently saw 'Endhiran the Robo' Great sci-fi entertainment movie from Shankar starring superstar Rajinikanth. It delivers beautiful message to human beings from a robot's point of view. Really worth the success it's getting and a must watch!! Truly a fine collab between Tamil film industry and Hollywood FX team. Aishwarya Rai is soooo beautiful!! :D

Here's the trailer if anyone's interested. Think it's running in most countries and their respective languages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvB9-TJe_lI
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Just watched 'The King of Kong a fistful of quarters.' GREAT documentary and the subject matter was EPIC for all gamers worldwide!!!! This being a game oriented forum I'm surprised no one here told me about this movie :(
BioMenace69

Post by BioMenace69 »

Roman Holiday
johnasjade

Post by johnasjade »

Last Movie I saw Is Wanderlust And Project X.....
Aarya777

The [now] Mandatory "Last movie you saw?" Thread

Post by Aarya777 »

The last movie I saw is Marathi movie named 'Yedyanchi Jatra' a comedy film and an interesting one.
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

Last movie? Well, topping my list of the most bizarre movies I have ever seen, Forbidden Zone. Tis' a strange, strange movie. Recommended only to those who enjoy Oingo Boingo, Hervé Villechaize and fans of the extremely weird.
One time I had a Jack and coke and it had a lime in it, And I saw that the lime was floating. That's good news man. Next time I'm on a boat and it capsizes, I'll reach for a lime... I'll be water skiing without a life preserver and people'll say 'What the hell?' and I'll pull out a lime...and a lemon too. I'm saved by the buoyancy of citrus.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

This thread has not had any meaningful replies since 2012 and now only serves as spam bait, so I'm locking it.