slumdog Millionaire

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

I still haven't seen this, i've been wanting to and avoiding it .
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

I don't want to see it, and I will avoid it.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

dosraider wrote:I don't want to see it, and I will avoid it.
For once I totally agree with you and wish I'd avoided seeing it myself. Slumdog Millionaire is THE most overrated, cliched piece of crap ever caught on film. Only thing worth watching for is the music by A.R.Rahman (Jai Ho was excellent) and Danny Boyle's amazing direction and over all decent film making skills which captured some pretty decent shots of India's darker side which most Bollywood movies don't dare tread upon.

The story is ridiculous, there's very little real passion on screen or moments you really root for the hero or feel tears... or even feel entertained.. Most scenes leave you cold, confused, scared, disgusted, or just rolling your eyes and Dev Patel has to be THE worst actor in the history of movies... right up there with Keanu Reeves. Good God! They got a billion people to choose from here and they choose some British Indian with a fake accent to play the lead role of a slum dweller from India. What were they thinking??! The kids were more real (and cute) and probably outshined him and Anil Kapoor gives a fair performance as the Show's host. Nothing special as his other classics but good.

Overall 3/10
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Wait wait.. Since when is Keanu Reeves a shit actor?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

..... since Hard Ball ?
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Wally wrote:Wait wait.. Since when is Keanu Reeves a shit actor?
Since... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEwrbolQ3bE

Gesundheit!! :laugh:
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

dosraider wrote:..... since Hard Ball ?
In the defense of Hard Ball, it was a pretty good flick... but Keanu probably should have either stopped after the 2nd Bill & Ted, or forced the industry to create another Bill & Ted movie. But his acting career should have ended with those movies.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Kathy584

Post by Kathy584 »

Loved SlumDog Millionaire! Watched it twice. I think it was a great story and well done, too. :clap:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Locked to avoid further spamming.