you opinion on dubs

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

you opinion on dubs

Post by abyss »

I have not actually watched a show in japanese. I have seen some dubs in italian, spanish and even french. I have also seen the dubs of omni news in ukraine, italian, mandarin and several other languages and I must say the only language that seems to do bad in dubbing is French. I've seen several episodes of the simpsons in french and really while still a good dub it's not as good as the english. All signs are in english, any music is in english so when there is singing it's english.The dialogue is french. There are obvious parts of dialogue that are cut out in the french version. While good the actors are a lot worse. Homer says TOH instead of DOH. I've also seen the magic school bus in french. Actors are good but really what I've noticed about almost every french dub and that includes the simpsons is there is not enough expression in the voices. In the french version of Tna. The announcers are cut out and two french people annouce. There is again not enough expression but they are still good.Whenever they interview a wrestler the wrestler says something in english then the 2 french people say the same thing in french it's very annoying. While the french are good at dubs english dubs are just better. I think dubs are great though because it lets people be able to compare them.
<i>Formerly known as Hulk Hogan.</i>
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about10240.html
You don't like that topic? It's on this page, some 14 lines below yours.
Have a specific problem with it?
Don't be shy, throw it in the goup, let us discuss your problem.

One is enough me thinks, so I will lock this one, but feel free to up the original one.

>Galocked<

I'll let Wardrich post an edited -(and thus legible)- version of your post.
I'm too lazy, as usual.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.