Windows V.S. Macintosh

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Windows V.S. Macintosh

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

Which operating system do you think is better?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Win --> if it suit your needs.
Mac --> if it suit your needs.

And if you ask me more explanation, I can find prob 500 000 discution threads on the internet.
( it is the unofficial WW3,but -sometimes- less bloody)
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

There are numerous versions of Windows and Mac OS each with good and bad points to them. The best OS is the one that runs your applications with the least amount of problems added on the hardware specified by the application.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

That's why most people use windows, because most apps are for windows.
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
kreats

Post by kreats »

yep, you really have to clarify which version(s) you are talking about.

Classic mac os compares well with dos based versions of windows (windows 1.0-ME), but not with NT derived windows (NT,2k,XP).

If you're talking about gaming purposes, windows has pretty much ruled the roost since win95 and directX were around.
jmmijo
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by jmmijo »

You can really go OT on this thread because I don't really think either Windows nor the MAC OS's are the best, I'm an old Amiga DOS hack from the A1000 days, and before that my favorites were the old Osborne and Kaypro CP/M boxes, not to mention the Trash 80's too :D

However, to stay on topic, then really it's a matter of what suits your needs. I primarialy use Windows now because I'm a gamer, however, I own lot's of retro machines including some older MAC's which I like for other reasons, not really gaming rigs, more like test beds for learning about MAC OS 8~9.xx.
Suck it down!
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

The trouble with the macs is that many of the games are really unknown..

I have a mac next to me with 1000's of games which were popular in the retro days.

Most of these games never made it to the web..

Making more games doesnt mean they are better in anyway.

If you look at how crap some of the dosgames are (In gameplay etc. Example of one is bernie(For darrens sake :O) which of course games can be crap on the mac but there are fewer.

Also on the mac most of the games are puzzle type and are rather successful (3 in Three, systems twilight and the legondary fools errand)
Of course half of these would have been not heard of as they are mac. some people are stupid and just buy a PC and not even think about getting an apple because of the media everyone hears..

Im sick of hearing people argue which is better, im going to say Apple is better because generally you get what you pay for and very rarely hardware is dodgy. IF you rather pay for a 'prone to break' PC instead of a nice looking apple with very good hardware well you are dumb.

IF i was to choose any other OS it would be either linux or solaris

Period
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

Apple has made quite a few pieces of garbage in its time along with some classic expandable machines. There are crappy games for every platform ever made, nothing new there. If you think there are better games for the Mac because fewer were made I would have to say you are nuts.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Well we do have some games which are unique to the mac. For example Bungie was a big time producer for the mac (Still is) but microsoft bought them out (Rugged pieces of garbage) and ever since i dont think they have produced much for mac
kreats

Post by kreats »

each is good in their own way
Wally

Post by Wally »

you could say that
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

As we seems to agree all that this is a complete meaningless discution who's been made a tigs time already on the internet and magazines let's discuss some really intresting matters:
What is better: living as a LADY or living as a TRAMP.

That's gonna be a much more animated discussion.

Let's get some.............Discuss.
Elign

Post by Elign »

OK guys.

Macintoshes tend to be more reliable while Windows tends to be more flexible. Just like an elastic band is more likely to break than a tight rope. If you want a system that almost never crashes, get a Mac. If you want a system that offers more freedom and versatility, get Windows.

Or better yet, just get the one you prefer. I prefer the x86 platform, so I would buy an x86. I really don't care how good the Macintosh is, I'm an x86 man.

And as per Dosraider, we can pretty much discuss this 600 billion times and there will still be no definitive end to this. There are too many positives about the Mac, and too many positives about x86/Windows to really define one or the other as the absolute superior.

I think that living as a Lady is better, since I tend to be more conservative. But the liberals and other people might go for Tramps. So that question, like the Windows vs. Mac question, can be argued back and forth almost forever without a definitive absolute choice.

So I will lock this, since both Dosraider and I are fully aware of the eventual fate of this worn-out concept for a topic.

Thank you.