Thrustmaster Cougar MFD game controller

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
Aldeb
Expert
Expert

Thrustmaster Cougar MFD game controller

Post by Aldeb »

Anyone here remember the old Quickshot Masterpilot from 1997? It's a neat little gadget that never caught on, but Thrustmaster created something similar

I've just bought this nifty little device two weeks ago and I'm very happy with it, and I thought some people who are interested in unusual controllers might want to take a look at it, especially if they're flight sim junkies. You can grab it on ebay for about 60 dollars or equivalent, and it makes a FANTASTIC replacement for a keyboard. It's from 2010, so it's a relatively old product, but works well with XP / Vista / 7/ 8 (some Win10 users have reported problems). The device has a few design flaws, but overall it's a good asset

For anyone interested, you can find some more of my photos and details of the TM MFD in my review.
http://www.oldpcgaming.net/thrustmaster ... -mfd-pack/
Certified 16-bit Troll
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Very cool! Glad they turned out good when you got your hands on them! Are you still thinking of a 3D printer project or other cockpit layout build?
Aldeb
Expert
Expert

Post by Aldeb »

Yep. I've work around more exact dimensions, but I'm still working on procuring a resin 3d printer
Certified 16-bit Troll
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

When the time comes, please share success and failures (hopefully none, though) and pics!

On Amazon reviews, Butch says he puts small USB monitors behind it:
I have dual Doublesight 7" monitors behind 1 set and Falcon MFD extracts perfectly to them...I would probably go with 8"
monitors next time to lose a very small gap.
That is a cool idea, if budget allows.