Battle Isle 2200 Demo problem

Questions, comments, and suggestions regarding the dosgamesarchive.com website can go here. Please do not post "broken links" reports here, please email them to [email protected].
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Battle Isle 2200 Demo problem

Post by MrFlibble »

I've noticed that there's a problem with the Battle Isle 2200 Demo, namely, INSTALL.EXE quits with an error when I'm trying to run it, reporting a missing file. Because of this, it is impossible to configure sound and music devices. This is somewhat disappointing because this version of the demo, unlike the one from BlueByte FTP (Battle Isle 2 Demo), has both music and sound effects. I've managed to find a working copy of the same demo as on the site (Battle Isle 2200) that doesn't have the problem:
Battle Isle 2200 Demo at FilePlanet
(I assume that the original ZIP file name is BATLISLE.ZIP)
Jorrit
Admin
Admin

Post by Jorrit »

MrFlibble, thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I have downloaded the demo from FilePlanet and replaced it with the original file that's hosted on DOS Games Archive.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Cool! Once again, glad to help. For some reason the demo that has this problem is pretty common on the net, and the other one is the demo from BlueByte FTP that lacks sound effects (the workaround could be to use the setup programme from the FTP demo and then copy the resulting configuration file to the other demo folder).