Warcraft RPG , Maps , Tips

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Warcraft RPG , Maps , Tips

Post by Mr.Guimo »

A topic for all warcraft fan.

Sugestion: Plz be serious in this topic. If you don't have anything to write, DON'T. . .

I start this topic on my own. . . .Yesterday i was suching different maps til Warcraft (Frozen Throne), and i found a really nice one. In this map you will race against other players [Orcs, Nightelfs etc]. A rather strange game. The music in the bakground isn't the usual peaceful one, it's hard rock.

For more details / downloads - PM me. //Mr.Guimo
Vangar
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Vangar »

I don't think this topic is suitable for Dosgames... ?
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Eh it's 'General Games' related so ... *shrugs*
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Thanx emmzee!

Vangar, not my meaning to be impolite or something but, had it ever slept your mind to buy some kind of glases?

The new version of Dota is released 6.34.
franpa
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by franpa »

whats dota?
Intel Core2 DUO e6750 @ 2.66GHZ
Asus P5KC Mother Board
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
2 Gigabytes DDR2 800 RAM Dual Channel
500 Gigabytes SATA2 Hard Disk
Creative X-FI Extreme Music
BFG Geforce 8800gt 512mb PCI-E (OC1)
Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply
Thermaltake Armor+ MX Case.

Click here to download 'Milo The Fuel Run'. [More Information.]
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Ohh i forgot to explain that.
Well Dota is an extra map til warcraft. You are a Hero, ONLY a hero, no workers etc. You can choose one of atleast 60 diferent heroes. Every hero has his own abillity.

Dota works best when you play Local Area Network, and it's mor fun then, because you can play against other heros offcourse. . . The whole thing with this game is that you and your hero (and your friends heroes) will try to defeat your opponents Heroes and race levels (Level 25 is the highest you can get) and then when you felt powerfull, you will try to get in in your opponents camp and destroy a "statye" or something called "The Sentinel or The Scourge - The name have to do wich team your in. For your help you have a lot of creeps that will fight with you. It's harder then it sounds because when you are in the opponents camp (if you get there) the whole camp is filled with your opponents creeps and towers how shoot at long distance, so you can't finished the game by you self. You and your teamates have to work together, and a usual mach use to take about 1½ h to compleate, so you have to be patient. Myself i love to play it. If you want the link PM me and i'll send it to you.
I hope this will makes it little clearer for you. :)
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

I love DOTA :D

Why do you want PMs to link people to it? It's at www.get-dota.com

Anyway, it is a great game. I play it once-twice a day on Battle.net: strongly recommended.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Don't know why i want PM :P

Ye there is many plases where you can get Dota.
I'm glad that you'r a fan just like me.
Do you have the newest version of it?

In the new version 6.34 there is two new heroes i think :suspicious:

What is your favorit Hero Dosser? One favorite of mine is Lesale Deathbringer :devil:
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

Don't have favourites: I just go random all the time. I tend to be good with troll warlord, clinks: a lot of the agil heroes. However, I think there is a lot of luck in DOTA: your opponents' heroes are nearly as important as your own.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Depence of how good you are, so i wouldn't call it luck, but for sure there is heroes wich is better then others but i'll say that it's more skills then luck!
Vangar
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Vangar »

Mr.Guimo wrote:Vangar, not my meaning to be impolite or something but, had it ever slept your mind to buy some kind of glases?
Well the site is called dosgames.com, so i thought that overruled the "general gaming" title, as i thought talking about dos was implied. But yeah whatever works.
cazgotsaved
Expert
Expert

Get Fuzzy

Post by cazgotsaved »

Mr.Guimo wrote:Thanx emmzee!

Vangar, not my meaning to be impolite or something but, had it ever slept your mind to buy some kind of glases?

The new version of Dota is released 6.34.

Haha! It's funny cuz it's TRUE!
cazgotsaved
Expert
Expert

Post by cazgotsaved »

hey um a little help navigating the "get dota" site. What the heck am I supposed to download?

p.s. - i didn't resist the temptation. That is just wrong. *Good antivirus, good boy!*
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

Oops, wrong site

http://www.getdota.com/

The other one was one of those stupid ad sites: really, why do people buy a domain name they don't need just to be a pain for everyone else?
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

A favorite site where i use to get Dota is http://www.dota-allstars.com I rate this site 9½ / 10 :devil:

On this site there is more or less everything you wann'a know about Dota. There is a nice Forum for example. You can also DL the earlier versions of it. http://www.getdota.com is a direct link where you can Dl it, but if you want more information an so on, you can check the main site - http://www.dota-allstars.com :thumbsup: