Nintendo

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Nintendo

Post by Mr.Guimo »

I start this threed because of the threed about SEGA (Wally*_Wan Kanobie) The different between the SEGA threed and my threed is that i wann'a talk about Nintendo instead. I have a couple of these OLD FASION Nintendo games at home and i'm very glad that i have. The old Nintendo games is [GAME & WATCH]-Nintendo. You can't buy games til these stationairs nintendos because it's already in them. I have a link here below if you want to check it out, and i hope this threed will be LOTS of post in.

http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/anal ... -watch.jpg

I just have three games of this and it is

¤Mario Bros

¤Donky Kong I

¤Donky Kong II
Last edited by Mr.Guimo on Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

hey, anyone gonna get the Wii
One time I had a Jack and coke and it had a lime in it, And I saw that the lime was floating. That's good news man. Next time I'm on a boat and it capsizes, I'll reach for a lime... I'll be water skiing without a life preserver and people'll say 'What the hell?' and I'll pull out a lime...and a lemon too. I'm saved by the buoyancy of citrus.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

They are worth a fortune.

:)

I suggest you look on ebay
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

The oldest Nintendo item that I also had was the Nintendo handheld called Nintendo Game & Watch. ;) These were: Manhole & Octopus. I also played Parachute. In those days, one of these handheld cost as much as what a GBA / NDS cartridge would cost. It is really fun. You can find some simulation of these games on the internet. However, it does not give you a feel of the actual handheld. Nintendo remade some of these games into the modern plastic keychain. I still prefer the old handheld with four buttons (2 on each side) instead of the plus button movement like those found on a GBA.

Super Nintendo was a fun console. When it first came up I used to look at the demos of Super Mario Brothers whenever I passed shops having them. Even the school comprehension book had writing about the Super Mario Brothers game - rescuing the princess etc. :D I might still have that comprehension somewhere. :P

Subsequently, I bought the Gameboy Colour and later the Gameboy Advance SP. I love the tilt-sensor cartridge game, Yoshi Topsy Turvy. The game, Mario Vs Donkey Kong is fun too. Maybe much later I might buy the Nintendo Lite as I'm interested in the some of the NDS games such as New Super Mario Brothers (having the extra big Mario) :D and also Mario Vs Donkey Kong2: March of the Minis.

Wii looks interesting but it's not publised here. Maybe if I see some game "live" then I might consider.

I have always had the fondness of Nintendo games and Sega games but not Sony games.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Hi! Very fun that you and me share these interests about Sega & Nintendo! Would i be honest i like SEGA MOST!!!!

Answer!

¤I agree that two buttons on each side is much comfortiable then the kross on the left side.

¤Super Nintendo as well as Sega MegaDrive 16 bit is the best !!!! (I didn't like Nintendo 64 because of the hand-control. Thay are so uncomfortible!!)
:devil:
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Mr.Guimo wrote:Hi! Very fun that you and me share these interests about Sega & Nintendo! Would i be honest i like SEGA MOST!!!! ............ ¤Super Nintendo as well as Sega MegaDrive 16 bit is the best !!!!

Yeah it great. I'm sure there're a number of people out there who also share our interest.

Super Nintendo & Sega Mega Drive (both 16 bit) have reasonably good graphics and gameplay considering it's small size and gameplay compared to PC game and it's probably the best in terms of 2D graphics. It cnnot be compared to newer consoles because newer consoles focuses on 3D graphics games. Too bad I never own the Super Nintendo and only got to play it at my cousin's place. Like everyone, I like the popular games for Nintendo & Sega namely, Mario games and Sonic games. Sega have good platform games and shooting games. I love "The Flintstones" for Sega Megadrive and "Garfield: Caught in the Act" because of the various of scenes and unusual items like bonuses and stepping on a floor piece to open a door etc. My favourite shooter is Virtua Cop2. It has great replayability.

Of course, I like some of the other publishers but the chances of liking games made by Nintendo, Sega & Taito are higher. For Sega games, I had bought the PC version.

What Nintendo & Sega games do you like?
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Wow i think it's very fun that you & many others share my intrests for Super Nintendo and Sega Mega Drive 16 bit. JKSM you seem to be a very huge fan of Nintendo and Sega - These old fasion consoles. :thumbsup:

Super Nintendo --> Super mario, Smach, Donkey Kong, Pacman :P Mariocart

Sega Mega Drive 16 bit -->All the populair Sonic games, Ecco, Ristar,Toy Story, Micro Mashines, Jurassic Park.

¤For sure there is many others that i can't remember but i know that i like these games very much and if i would lost these i will never forget my self :devil:
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Mr.Guimo wrote:Wow i think it's very fun that you & many others share my intrests for Super Nintendo and Sega Mega Drive 16 bit. JKSM you seem to be a very huge fan of Nintendo and Sega - These old fasion consoles. :thumbsup:
Yeah, it's great to know a fellow fan like you too.

Liking old consoles, you're right about that. It's probably the nostalgic feeling that I share like some about console games, dos games, old TV shows / cartoons & movies etc. One reason is that we tend to miss things that we did as kids. Another reason is that some things have better gameplay & story than certain things nowadays.

Since you mentioned that you played Toy Story for Sega Mega Drive, did you know that the Mega Drive version has one level different from the PC version. Long ago, I finshed the entire game of PC version all by myself and have great fun & satisfaction mastering the skill of the game by replaying each level until I completed it. Later, I took a look at the Mega Drive version and used the in-built level skip to take a look at the levels. There is one level in the PC version not available in the Mega Drive version and one level in the Mega Drive version not on the PC version i.e. one level got replace. It's so long ago that I cannot remember the details. All I remember now is that I tried playing that different level in the Mega Drive version but just couldn't finish it. It was the 3D maze level (looks like Wolfenstein / Doom) on the Mega Drive. If you haven't tried the PC version, you should try playing the replaced level if you have the chance. ;)

Unfortunately, those Disney games made for Windows 95 cannot run on Windows XP. :( I had checked the Disney's technical support website and it states so. They had other solutions like using Win 95 compatibility mode for other games but for these games there wasn't a solution. :Angry: At least for those Dos games, we could use Dosbox. :rolleyes: However, honestly speaking, the windows versions of Disney games do have better graphics and sound than the dos version. I have tried before the Dos and Windows versions of games like Aladdin and Lion King and found this to be true.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

One level missed on the PC version and one level missed on the Sega System. Well that sound strange to me, but i don't doubt on you. You seem to know things about these old consoles so i belive you. No i havn't play Toy Story on my Computer but it just slept my mind when you ask that, so why not figure it out? :devil:

I'v a win 95 computer at home so i can play these games that not run on the XP version.
I get crazy if i don't run my old fasion PC games. I realy need them sometimes. Thay have more fantasie then these games today!. Games today is always the same i think on one way or another :shifty:

If you wan't to play Nintendo games for free and check it ou click on the link below

http://www.everyvideogame.com/ :)
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

I do have a number of old console games but it's quite some time since I played them. Thanks for the link, it's interesting seeing consoles games played using java. :)

Since you haven't tried the Touy Story PC version, if you're interested in trying, we could discuss further via PM. ;) I still have a Win 95 PC but it's on the floor (a not so convenient place to play). Talking with you about Toy Story makes me feel like playing the game again. :P I'm such a Toy Story fan that I have the games, movies, short segments of sunday funnies, comics & small figurines. Have you tried the freeware macthing game? It has nice sounds. Get it here.
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

ive got a few sega games somewhere
nand the nes cartridge to metroid

as for the better console i go by gameplay smoothness and controller
so definatlry snes cos no loading time and the controller was perfection
One time I had a Jack and coke and it had a lime in it, And I saw that the lime was floating. That's good news man. Next time I'm on a boat and it capsizes, I'll reach for a lime... I'll be water skiing without a life preserver and people'll say 'What the hell?' and I'll pull out a lime...and a lemon too. I'm saved by the buoyancy of citrus.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Better console?. There is NO better console :P
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Mr.Guimo, have you ever owned a NES (8 bit Nintendo Entertainment System)? If you did, I suppose you also had a NES Advantage. It's looks interesting to use. However, I never had a NES Advantage so I don't totally agree with the video and enjoy using the Atari joystick. :P Had lots with fun with the Atari joystick. :D
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Haha JKSM. . . .Ok ok i will tell you and everybody else the truth - I haven't OWNED a 8bit Nintendo :cry: BUT (don't forget that little word - but) that word is a very nice friend sometimes....ehmm now i get off topic agian, very well i haven't owned one myself but i use to play with a friend when i was younger (he was my neighbur so.. ) :D
Though i haven't a NES Adventage, but i had an Atari jostick, okej okej that wasn't mine either BUT Gahhh......No Coments

Victory is mine (almost) :devil:
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

I had a couple of Game-and-watch games: Donkey Kong, Greenhouse (something). The problem is they broke eventually.

Did anyone play DK64? For the most part it was pretty bad (too many characters, and nothing really original about it: with the same story, graphics, music etc. as Banjo-Kazooie), but there was an odd section where you had to finish Donkey Kong's first NES game (jumpman, mario vs Donkey Kong, whatever it was called) and get a high score in Rare's first game (Jetpack). Perhaps Nintendo wanted to see if these old games were popular enough to bring back into mainstream: like they were testing for the Wii.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Dam'n not good that your Nintendo Game and watch games broked. . .I'v herd that these Nintendos is worth many bags of gold :suspicious: You can't understand how happy i'm that i have these Game and watch nintendos at home. (I will NOT sell them). I only have three of them but still. . .Better then nothing. :devil:

Answer: Yeah i played (still do sometimes) DK64. Unbelivible i'm not that good at it even if i'v played them many times. Well well....you could not be good at everything :jester:
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

(Checks EBay)

Holy crap, greenhouse and Donkey Kong are going for $30-$40. Might see if they are working after all. They might even be worth something as they are (I doubt the problems are too severe) to a collecter / games store.
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

hey anyone know what ROB was/did
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Ehmm...I think you need to explain little more here cyb3r.god3. ROB could be anything.

Has it ANYTHING with Nintendo to do? [This is a Nintendo threed.]

BTW- Dosser, don't sell them. You know thay get worth more and more for every day :devil:
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

R.O.B
it looked like a little robot thing