How many games????

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.

How many games have you played so far (including win and online games)?

less than 100
No votes
100-500
67%
500-1000
No votes
1000-5000
No votes
5000-10000
No votes
over 10000
33%

Total votes: 6

Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

How many games????

Post by Larry Laffer »

Let's see... about 5000 dos games and about 10000 wingames...
I've played all the creationns from Sierra, Lucas Arts, Blizzard,Apogee and Aklaim... Most from JarHead Games, ID Software, and a few Disney ones.

Oh and lots of online or unknown puplisher games
[REEDIT: GASP... I'm a complete and total Moron... I forgot EA Games and Microprose :shame: ]

This one's for you Gamer_V
Last edited by Larry Laffer on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Oh, lets see here. I think it must be about 50 DOS - games, and twice as much WIN - games at least.

I wonder Larry Laffer...IF you had played over 10.000 win games, you realy can't say that you finished eatch one of them, I mean lets say that one WIN - game take about 2 hour to finish, that would be 10.000 * 2 = 20.000 hour and that would be atleast 900 DAYS constantly computer- playing.

:sleep:
Tompa
Douglas Adams

Post by Tompa »

Actually, thast might not be impossible even if unlikely. Say, you played win games for ten years or something. You play say 5 hours 300 days a year that is 300*5*10=15000 hours. If you are a gamer extraordinaire as larry claims to be - five hours might be too little a day. :D

Anyway - I have no idea how many games I have played
My guess is about 100-200, not counting five minute testing
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

well I never said anything about completing those games... I meant I've played those games to a certain point(some of them yes I have completed) and a HUGE amount of them were online or mini-win games

MR. G: actualy I think I've spent about 2000 days of my life playing games
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

Hundreds o'.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Vangar
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Vangar »

easily over 10000.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Okej Larry Laffer that was a different view. I never daubt on you, but 900 days is a lot of time - 2½ year !! 2000 days of game playing??? that is 7 years !! :devil:

Maybe i was to eberressed to say that i have played over 50 DOS games because i told you that you spent to much time on your computer nad that wouldent be true, but i changed my mind and i would say that i'v played over, 500 DOS games :suspicious:
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

I think the question is the wrong one.

How many games have you finished is much more interesting: and no counting those damned flash things. The problem with the current question is 'Yay, I played internet backgammon once, and internet hearts twice, normal hearts again'.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Exaktly i totoaly agree with you Dosser. I coulden't say it better my self.
As you say it would be a much interesting thread to ask how many FINISHED game you have played.... :thumbsup:
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Mr.Guimo wrote:Exaktly i totoaly agree with you Dosser. I coulden't say it better my self.
As you say it would be a much interesting thread to ask how many FINISHED game you have played.... :thumbsup:
You finished a game, and after that you played it again? Still a lot.
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

FINE! when I'll get some free time I'll post another poll about completed games...(should it include DOS?cauze I still score high at that :laugh: )
<center>
</center>