#dosgames IRC chat-in need of operators

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Wulf

CHat

Post by Wulf »

Hey I'm such a newbie here, but just to point out, if you don't want to host your own IRC server, but want to have bots, and no problems on the irc server, then you could become IRC operators (Server Admin) for that particular server. Easier said then done, but there are new servers that are looking for users, and they'd be happy to give certain people, for example on dos games the admins, as long as the users of the forum went to the server, does that make sense? cause I think I lost myself. to simplify, you become IRCop on a new server if u have users on a forum, or channel, or any type of group thing. one such IRC would be Irc.wolfirc.com (irc server) and http://www.wolfirc.com/java.html or was it http://www.wolfirc.com/wolfirc.html ? or both? I forgot : :o :huh:
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

At the moment I've been insanely busy, so I can't get the channal going myself. If NPS (he was the only op that actually showed up in the old one, anyway) wants to do so I'd be very, very happy. I could also make a private forum for posting announcements or working out details with other ops here...
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

I know a guy who runs his own IRC server that i'm on, I can ask if he would let us use his server.
radray11

Post by radray11 »

The ability to offer consistently offer 2 to 3 hours daily for being on the channel. (You don't have to just sit in front of it all day-I used to do my homework by the computer/go webbrowsing and only pay attention when I got message beeps most of it can simply be paying attention while doing other stuff)
Did anyone capture that poor English? Well, I'd sure like to help.
I got my networking degree with me right here :)
God's name is "I AM"
Forum: http://www.goliathboards.com/users5/egeek/index.cgi (under development)
radray11

sorry

Post by radray11 »

radray11 wrote:
The ability to offer consistently offer 2 to 3 hours daily for being on the channel. (You don't have to just sit in front of it all day-I used to do my homework by the computer/go webbrowsing and only pay attention when I got message beeps most of it can simply be paying attention while doing other stuff)
I got my networking degree with me right here :)
Sorry, now I have poor English... this should say:
I have my networking degree with me right here :)
God's name is "I AM"
Forum: http://www.goliathboards.com/users5/egeek/index.cgi (under development)
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by nastypoisonspikes »

There is an edit button.

In other news, just tell me which server you want and I'll do it! However, what exactly was it that you wanted a bot/eggdrop for? I think on pretty much every server now you can register channels so you'll never lose them.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Kazer0 wrote:I know a guy who runs his own IRC server that i'm on, I can ask if he would let us use his server.
He said no.
EagleAmerican

Ill Help

Post by EagleAmerican »

Hey I'm 14 but if ya need a moderator or an OP im your man. I'm here on basically all fri sat and sundays so if ya need me feel free to ask.