Orda: Severnyi Veter / Horde: The Northern Wind

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
chanfort

Post by chanfort »

I just read the whole interview with Google Translate help as well as comments. Looks very interesting. I was previously searching for articles about Horde which would be written in English but I guess there is much more in Russian.

Anyways, they mentioning that there were created 7639 sprites, so I guess that's where units are :) . If you find that other interview, post it. Thought could be good to collect all info at some point from the web about this game but could be a bit challenging :)
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

I wish I kept track of the sources, although admittedly I didn't find a lot of stuff anyway. There wasn't a lot of publicity for this game, it was branded as "Russian Warcraft" and being released in 1999, it was aready quite a bit dated by that time's standards. 7th Bit Labs dissolved soon after the release of Horde II, and its successor Antitank developed one title, Talisman (an RPG in a medieval fantasy setting based on Slavic folklore), and then also shut down as far as I know.

That is to say, there wasn't enough interest in Horde in the first place to generate a lot of interviews of other materials like that.
djsys

Post by djsys »

Maybe you can find good sounds here https://www.lucidsamples.com/free-sampl ... -pack.html