Duke Nukem Forever... Finally?

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Duke Nukem Forever... Finally?

Post by wardrich »

<a href="http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1904 ... OLYCRAP</a>

Read it in the Toronto Sun yesterday, apparently Gearbox has taken the hotseat now and is pushing for a May release date. Apparently it's due out on the 360 (poor choice IMO) but at least it's coming out. I have a bad feeling it's gonna suck... but I'm pretty sure it's actually going to be released... sad thing is, ANYTHING could be DNF at this point... it's been so damn long they could just slap Duke's body over the main character model of any alien-based FPS and call it DUKE NUKEM FOREVER.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

I don't think it's going to suck any more than the average console fps these days.

And Duke's voice is terrible.
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

It's also being released for PC and PS3. The original Duke3D is still one of my fav games (one of the few early 3D shooters that matched Doom in playability) so hopefully the new one won't suck too much.

And I agree that whoever the new guy they got to do Duke's voice is a sad replacement ... why didn't they get the original guy??
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

dosraider wrote:Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVuuyRGB_BA

What, did you think I was gone FOREVER?
Also²
http://pc.ign.com/articles/112/1127070p ... id=ign1161
IGN wrote:"Yeah," he growls "but after 12 f**king years it should be."
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Duke Nukem Finally..
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Jon St.John is probably like 60 years old or more now... so it could very well still be him. I dunno. Duke just sounds a lot older.
Last edited by wardrich on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salladin

Post by Salladin »

You've already seen the trailer - "After 12 f***ng years it better be good" ;) That's all i have to say about that one ;)
Reharc

Post by Reharc »

Can't wait, it looks so cool. Even makes me want to install eDuke just for the lawls. :thumbsup:
Vangar
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Vangar »

And now its delayed again, for June. I wish that was a joke.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

And now it's pre-orderable!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57900/

Hail tot he king baby, etc, etc
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

...... steam ....? :blah:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
sparkly

Post by sparkly »

I have to say I have only heard bad reviews about this game...sometimes a revival is successful, sometimes a game just needs to remain in the past! I'm sticking to my crappy browser games (Castle Empire/Super Hero Squad Online anyone?)
nickherc

Post by nickherc »

The game is bad. It's not terrible, but it's not good. I thought they might nail it, but the didn't. I remember when I first saw video, the second one, Unreal engine I think. I was like, WOW!, it looked awesome. Too bad it turned out the way it did, but on the bright side, we still have Duke Nukem 3d :D.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

nickherc wrote:on the bright side, we still have Duke Nukem 3d :D.
You should check out this (if you haven't already):
http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-forever
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe It cannot be any worst than my second version haha. The only thing I think is good about my second version is Quadko's gamepad routine. hehe O-that and David Brackeen's VGA video mode. Just you wait............ one day - I just might be better than patzer. In other words, I just might be slightly - notice I said slightly above negative rating. :laugh:
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
nickherc

Post by nickherc »

MrFlibble wrote:
nickherc wrote:on the bright side, we still have Duke Nukem 3d :D.
You should check out this (if you haven't already):
http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-forever
Wow, thanks for this, it looks awesome. Gameplay gameplay gameplay and atmosphere, that's all what every game needs.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

I remember playing Duke3D on the PS1. It was alright. I felt the only real cool thing was the adult theme and catch phrases. Besides that, it was just, alright. Then they started putting out two or three Tomb Raider type Dukes and it just got worse as time progressed. However, I can not comment much on this newer iteration since I would not be able to play it anyway. And to be honest, unless they plan on blowing us all away with awesomeness, they might as well just stop while they are ahead.

In today's world, who would make a good Duke for a movie if they made one? I know who could of done it years ago quite easily, actually two people- Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dolph Lundgren, but not so sure about now.

A little old for revival, but not as old as the first time and still on the first page. B)
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Arnold or Dolph would have rocked. I like the Doom movie, though I wouldn't argue it's good... :P

I've got Duke Forever, and meh. Can be fun, but isn't cutting edge. But I didn't play that much, supposedly they were trying for something unique and special in every level even if the polycount and effects were older-skool. Still, I'm glad it got released and not discarded.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

I have to give credits to the game developers though. Being a new developer it is tough to compete with so many seasoned professionals. Look at Tom Hall from Apogee in CastleWolfenstein etc. He apparently has been in the developer mode for thirty years. That is almost one-third your life!
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

As far as catch phrase slingers, Bruce Campbell from Evil Dead has some pretty good ones. In fact I wonder who copied who. :D