Beneath a Steel Sky & Lure of the Temptress free

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beneath a Steel Sky & Lure of the Temptress free

Post by emmzee »

Good Old Games (gog.com) has released Beneath a Steel Sky & Lure of the Temptress for free on their site. Lure was already released for free and is listed on DOSGames.com but this version is I think a specially remade for Windows version.

You can download them here, although you must register a free gog.com account to download them:

Beneath a Steel Sky
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/beneath_a_steel_sky/

Lure of the Temptress
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/lure_of_the_temptress/

GoG also offers a lot of other classic games for cheap prices.
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Most dos games on GOG simply include a pre-configured dosbox to run them games on XP/Vista.
Not that there is something wrong with that, it explains why most AW sites retrieve the downloads for games that become available on GOG.

Maybe you should consider doing the same on Dosgames, to avoid problems in the future?
Of course freeware games and/or shareware games can be kept 'downloadable'.

Just a thought....
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Hasn't BASS been free for a while now?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Yes it was, in 2003.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beneath_a_Steel_Sky
Legal status

In August 2003, the game was released as freeware and support for it was added to ScummVM, allowing it to be played on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Windows CE and other compatible operating systems and platforms.[4] The data files for both the disk and CD version are available from the ScummVM website. The files on the ScummVM website do not include the original program executables since they are not needed by ScummVM.[5]
That's why it's also free downloadable@GOG, they offer it free as 'teaser' I presume, to attract more peeps to their site.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Ah, thanks for that, I wasn't aware BAAS was released for free. Guess I'll add that during the next site update.
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

It's also available as a package on debian (and derivatives, like ubuntu). There's also a package for Flight of the Amazon Queen.