Command HQ

Add your own reviews of games here.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Command HQ

Post by Ro@m »

Commander HQ

Commander HQ is a 2D RTS.It is made by Microprose in 1991.
Very interesting RTS,offers 4 ages-1918,1942,1986 and 2023.
There are two sided,can you guess?Axies and Allies?Maybe,it isn't
written,but there are player one(blue) and player two(red).:\
Not much of a choice?Eh :|
There is a vaerity of units,troops,submarines,boats(well alright,
warships) in 1918.HEY,now we come to some serious arsenal!Troops,tanks,
submarines,warships,aeroplanes and flight carriers in 1942!
Now we come to the year 1986,i thought that now,some great weapons
will come,but nope,i was really sad because it is the time of spies,
undercover submarine missions and nuclear warheads!Well but we have avaiable satellites(you can guess what they do?),nuclear missiles,satellite killers(What the heck is that?),Foreigin aid and intel scan(you can only see the enemy when the radar is over it,something like spying?Year 2023.Everything the same like in 1986. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sound

I can't hear any sound,probably the game doesn't support my
sound card, so 0\10

0\10

Gameplay

Well in two first periods the units are moving slow,but later they are very fast.
Sometime the units won't listen to orders,a little bug but,not little to lower the,mark,but
everything else is alright,so 8\10

8\10

Multiplay

Only over LAN,so 7\10

7\10

Replay value

Replay value is good but not great you get bored after your 101st round,so 7\10

7\10

Graphics

Simple 2D graphics,but interesting units icons,nothing special,so 8\10

8\10

Overall mark is 8\10.
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

P.S. I've downloaded it from www.dosgamesonline.com
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

i know this game very well.
but 2 years ago i found an internetsite with people who adds mor features to this game. i silly folk doesnt pay that game-adds, and now this site is dead and i can not find the author or the game-adds.

anyone knows this addons for command hq?

thanks!
loozerman16

Post by loozerman16 »

I don't know this one, but CAN SOMEBODY PLZZ SaY SOMETHING IN MY REVIEWS!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

idiot

Post by Guest »

Idiot... It's called "Command HQ", not Commander HQ.

The difference between 2023 and 1986 is the opening round. You start at Peace and you need to buy countries with foreign aid. After a while you can open hostilities.

BTW, Satellite Killers are used to kill satellites. :shifty:

Also, I played it five minutes ago... the sound is fine (Windows XP) and units always respond when I click on them. Are you clicking the right frickin color?
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

ashole register so i can break your neck!and if you are so wise why don't you rewiew it?

Post by Guest »

Command HQ still rocks! Yes, it came out in 1990, yes the designer was a he who then turned into a she (and I believe has died), but the game is a winner. Sorry to admit, but I still play the game 10 times a week! Place the game into ???? mode, give the PC a few extra bucks, and you'll never know where they'll hit you from. Yes, the PC's tactics are sad, but if you spot them enough cash in the beginning, they more than enough challenge!
twitch

Anybody up for a game online?

Post by twitch »

This game is still extemely fun and can be played online via zone.com and the zonelan ipx network. If anyone is up for a game, let me know.

ICQ 279367
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

really check my icq no.
a51anp3ngu1n

Post by a51anp3ngu1n »

that game isn't that great, but it is a cool break when you play at work :-D

it's sorta fun, and bona fide strategy

not enough units tho
China will take over the world. Be prepared to spend the rest of you life eating rice and gaping at beautiful Chinese women.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

yeah they could implemented more of them.
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

i will play it again.
where can i download it ?
the link above didnt function.
the game isnt there.

thanks
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

how?it works for me just fine.... :wow:
spanker

CHQ

Post by spanker »

I have been trying to get it to run on XP but without luck, can anyone give me any tips,i am useing the original disk . Thanks
NightC

Post by NightC »

I love and have loved this game for many years now. For some reason I find the interface so simple yet so well rounded. For example I love how you can sit your cursor on a unit and see where it is moving on the big and overview maps. I also like how units can be "pinned" or out of supply if you run out of oil.

I DO need some help knowing what some of the unit symbols mean, for example if you engaged sometimes a sideways cross comes up next to the picture of your unit when selcted or cursor is over it, anyone know what this or the other symbols mean?

1986 is great fun, although forgiegn aid CAN be annoying when playing vs the computer. I also find the AI is not so bad, it knows when to attack and when to withdraw to repair, but it has problems with stacking troops where they are not needed, I.E. during the WWII 1942 scen. the Allied AI will put a MASSIVE amount of troops in Turkey, and although they threaten southern Europe you can pretty much hold them with 2 troop units, and thus tie down about 5 or 6 enemy units that really are defending a mostly worthless area, this often makes Russia weaker and easier to capture.

Conducting a Sealion (cross channel invasion) is very difficult unless you have a lot of stacked air units, there simply is not enough free squares to land troops in Southern England, so if the Enemey has more then 2 Infantry (I have seen up to 6!) you have to attack from the North as well, but still I could not crack them as they had 4 units able to face 3 of mine to the North, and no more squares for me to place additional units, I actually had to withdraw back across the sea.

It is also a cool feature to have nukes in 1986+. They are very effective at killing masses of troops, so this is balanced by having world opinion shift against you every time you use one. For Example I used a nuke once after the Soviet Union broke my resistance in Europe, I killed 4 units instantly, but I lost Japan and some of South America to Neutrality as well as a city in England itself! Really not worth it in the long run unless you use them to jumpstart a final offensive to win the game.

If someone has added more / better units, I would be very very interested. If someone is working on a project I would be willing to donate a small amount of money to assist, I really really enjoy this game and don't feel games like this are made anymore.

Also I would be interested in a online game, I am _______@hotmail.com just drop me a line or respond on here if interested.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

NightC, don't put your mailaddress in your post please, there are buttons @bottom for that, just put it in your profile
~dosraider
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
NightC

Post by NightC »

Well I guess just reply here and we can get in touch lol.
GrimFinger

Post by GrimFinger »

Interested in playing Command HQ, as well.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

GrimFinger,
or: best send a PM toNightC then, with a bit of luck he has PM notification enabled and will recieve a mail.

Or: email him directly by hitting the email button lol.
(Though you can end up in his spam box)
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
GrimFinger

Post by GrimFinger »

I Pm'd him.