Hocus Pocus

Add your own reviews of games here.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Hocus Pocus

Post by 486 player »

Hocus Pocus is a young wizard, who's skills of study doesn't attract Terexin, the leader of The high council of Wizards o' Land of Lattice. Because Hocus want's to be a member, Terexin gives him a test: 'You must get back magic crystals and defeat an evil wizard.' Hocus takes lightning spell, farewells his parents and goes to dangerous jorney.

Hocus' mission isn't easy: enemies takes many hits to defeat, lever puzzles must be solved in order to get crystals and spikes and lava awaits bad jumper. When got a magic potion can Hocus rapid conjure, get more health or transform to ball and fly to another location of level. There are also treasures to collect and if player gets 'em all or belows time limit (s)he earns a bonus, but can't get both.

Theme song's the best o' all of Apogee games, but in levels music's medicore. At least the best's played in last 2. 75

Sound effects are allmost unhearable low. What makes this thing bad, is that volume adjustment doesn't work in shareware version, (Tested with versions 1.0 and 1.1.) so thou cannot write quite anything 'bout 'em.

Graphical details are well done, (Except that Hocus' cape should have more frames in jumps) but usin' o' colors should've been thoughed better. 68

In what game falls after all, is level desing. After thou've taken crystal, must thou walk a long time back, 'cause thou just can't jump down or platform's too high. That makes it sometimes confusin'. No wonder there aren't more Moonlites games. 68

Thou think that I hate Hocus Pocus? Wrong. Just less walkin' forth and back, clearer levels and more to collect and it's good. Play it at least once in Easy before tryin' Normal. It IS hard.

Last edited by 486 player on Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Not a bad review.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
RedMageGangsta

Post by RedMageGangsta »

Good review, even though Hocus Pocus was thet best DOS game I ever played
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Post by Hiroshi »

Good review. Agreed with it completely.
"If you buy a bag of peanuts in this town they'll write a song about you."
Drake

Post by Drake »

Hay. hocus is the best game:) but anyone know, where can i download the other episode? because i have got the 1.(1-10map)
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Post by Hiroshi »

You can buy em here: http://www.3drealms.com/hocus/index.html

Sorry man....downloading games that are still being sold is looked down upon here.
"If you buy a bag of peanuts in this town they'll write a song about you."
hi

Post by hi »

hopefully if ur lucky ill find an abandonware download 4 u cuz i need 1 too :devil:
I love animals!

They taste great!
I also love the orginality of dos games which led me here
prelude
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by prelude »

Today I put Hocus Pocus on an old computer, and it worked!! (I did it cuz I got a runtime error)
Anyway, I played the 9 levels in less than a day!!!!!!
I loove Hocus Pocus
________
HALFBAKED
Last edited by prelude on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franz

Post by Franz »

Wow amazing. I finished the whole thing in like half an hour. Coz I'm good. :laugh:
Argh. Yeargh.
patrick1493100

Post by patrick1493100 »

patrick1493100

Post by patrick1493100 »

patrick1493100 wrote:Making game site: www.geocities.com/hocuspocusweb/ :) :) :)
It's in portuguese B) B) B)
Frenkel
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Frenkel »

Very nice, Patrick!
Groeten van Frenkel
Visit us at the Official S&F Prod. Homepage
HoCuS gUy

Post by HoCuS gUy »

Im looking for a dl too... all the hocus pocus 1.0s ive downloaded and tried are shareware so the patches wont work on them. my edonkey2000 is too slow, kazaa is too virused and limewire is too bugged up. ANYone? :cry: :devil: :Angry:
patrick1493100

Post by patrick1493100 »

Well HoCuS gUy, I've the full game, but it's illegal send full version games to other people.

The game is avaliable to buy at Apogee Software homepage.

P.S.: Well, is your edonkey2000 so slow that it's impossible to download 2MB??? Wow...

That's it Bye :)