Guest Posting Disabled

Please read topics in this forum regularly. They contain information from the admin and mods on current developments on this message board.
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Guest Posting Disabled

Post by CPT Worm »

We've been getting a lot of spam from "guest posters" lately.
Until we can add additional safeguards from preventing (or at least slowing down) this abuse, guest posting is disabled.

You can still view all public boards, but you must register to post new topics.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Recently we've had a quite manageable number of posters in forums where guest posting is allowed (I mean the non-spammer kind, of course). Perhaps there's no reason to use guest posting at all? Guests are quite limited in what they can do anyway, and some people who request games to be identified need to add details, and as guests they cannot edit their posts. Registering doesn't take much time but has a lot of benefits for the posters.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Thanks Wormy :)

I've updated the description of some of the topics as they still said "Guest Posting Allowed"

It won't be missed and ultimately if you're too lazy to sign up then you're too not going to get your game.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Not sure if manual account activation should be a requirement.. I'll turn it off for now as it hasn't been discussed :|