Imperium Galactica

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
jaza

Post by jaza »

Okay cheers for that I'll update.
I've managed to fix the problem, finally in a round about way following this tutorial. ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612827 as that had my exact problem. But cheers for letting me know about the latest version much appreciated.

Jaz
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Enjoy it.

THX for that link, seems interesting.
http://ataricommunity.com/forums/showth ... p?t=612827
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
DeeYo

My problem

Post by DeeYo »

I'ma having a problem here too.

I have DosBox 0.70 and Windows XP. When I try running the game in DosBox (mount c c:\IMPERIUM, c: ,imperium.exe[I'm not really good at DosBox]) it's totally normal, except for the sound, because there is none, although when I type install.exe, I test the sound and it works.

Also, when I click on "start new game", then "normal", I get an "insert Disc 1" screen. Even if I put that disc in, it still says "enter disc 1".

I tried modifying the CPU cycles (it lags from 15000 to me) and sometimes even the frameskip (from 5 it lags) but nothing else. Insert disc,*click*, insert disc, I'm inserting*click*, insert disc, I'm getting angry*click*, insert disc, RAGECONTROLEFNINE.

Could you help me?
DeeYo

My problem

Post by DeeYo »

Oh, and also. I tried downloading patch 1.3 but I could never find a downloadable link. Click but nope. (Patch 1.2 however, worked.)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: My problem

Post by dosraider »

DeeYo wrote: I have DosBox 0.70 and Windows XP.....
No, not good, get 0.74 and follow those guidelines:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5443
DeeYo wrote:...mount c c:\IMPERIUM, c: ,imperium.exe[
No, not good, see above.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
DeeYo

Still my problem

Post by DeeYo »

Kay, got 0.74, now what? I don't really understand the BIN and CUE things above, I mean I'm a complete beginner at this DosBox coding stuff. (To me, everything that isn't normal, understandable speech is coding.)

And I still cannot download patch 1.3, somehow, all the links I see are broken.

Gah. :cry:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Do you have the CDs...?
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

Yes, I do have them.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Get ImgBurn from
http://www.imgburn.com/

Create a bin/cue image from both CDs, name them
c:\games\ig1\ig1.cue and bin
c:\games\ig1\ig2.cue and bin

mount them in dosbox as follows:
imgmount d c:\games\ig1\ig1.cue c:\games\ig1\ig2.cue -t iso

As all is already explained on previous page I'll 'echo-quote' myself:
dosraider wrote: Next input:
d:
install

You will get an install screen, click on 'install game, this should be the result:

Hover with your mouse as in the next pic click on it and next hit enter, accept c:\imperium, you must get a screen indicating the files are copied to the harddisk:

Next step still in the install screen, click on autodetect sound, should detect SB with the appropiate settings, run a test, now you will see that you can save the configuration.
As here:

Save and exit, you will see a c:\imperium prompt.
input
imperium
to play.

Now if you close / restart dosbox and wanna play:
Mount your CD again as D and your inputs will be
That is of course if you have followed ALL the instructions !!!

cd imperium
imperium
You even haz pictures how to do the stuff.
Remark: delete any previous game folder you had before applying this; it's worthless anyway.
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

Yayz it's working! I still don't understand how do these files work though, but nevertheless, I can now enjoy the game! Thank you!
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

You're welcome, enjoy the game.
Reminder: CTRL+F4 to switch CDs when asked.
DeeYo wrote:I still don't understand how do these files work though,
Doesn't matter, you don't need any knowledge as long you can follow instructions.
Waffen9999

Tried but can't get to work.

Post by Waffen9999 »

Hey, I hope you're still around and can maybe try and help me out. I fear I'm even a bigger putz with this stuff than some other folks but I tried to follow exactly as you said and I get this message "Could not load image file: c:\oldgames\imperium\ig1.cue MSCDEX: Failure: Invalid file or unable to open"

I have the 4 files, 2 cue's and 2bins, the cues are only 1kb and the 2 bins are 660,674kbs for the first disc and 650,618bs for the second disc. I have them saved as Ig1 and Ig2 respectively. Operating under the Dosbox0.74 on Vista.

I used that ImgBurn software and well here's hoping you can give me a hand. Sorry if that's not much to go on, but I'm not very technical with this stuff. Hope you can help dosraider, if you need more just let me know.

Thanks.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Mount lines?
Correct path under Win to the CD images?
Waffen9999

Post by Waffen9999 »

dosraider wrote:Mount lines?
Correct path under Win to the CD images?
Mount lines I typed out were basically as you have shown on page 2 of this thing. This is exactly what I type.

imgmount d c:\oldgames\imperium\ig1.cue c:\oldgames\imperium\ig2.cue -t iso

Because it's already at the drive due to configuring the options. Like when it loads up I'm in the C drive so if I type in "dir" for the directory, it shows just "Imperium"

The CD images are in the same folder.
C:\oldgames\Imperium

This is the link to what I was talking about in terms of setting up the configuration first. http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5443

If I just type in normally "cd imperium" than "imperium" it'll load up but I can't play for some reason though I had it working last night.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: Tried but can't get to work.

Post by dosraider »

Waffen9999 wrote: ....Vista.
Waffen9999 wrote: This is the link to what I was talking about in terms of setting up the configuration first. http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5443
Wrong.
:blah:
Is for XP .....

That's for Vista:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10437
Not the same.
I would advise you to start over from scratch.

Next: Delete your old CD images and create new ones, this time do it correct when under Vista and save the images in:
c:\users\your name\isos\

Your mount lines for the images will be:
imgmount d "c:\users\your name\isos\ig1.cue c:\users\your name\isos\ig2.cue " -t iso

Then install the game in dosbox from D: on C: as described in previous posts.
Waffen9999

Post by Waffen9999 »

Ok something still isn't right. I'm doing it step by step as you have written here. I did the normal config as shown under that vista thing. So at the bottom this is what I have typed out. Not sure if that space needs to be there as I couldn't see in the sample picture.

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c "c:\users\The Kaiser\oldgames"
c:

# You can put your MOUNT lines here.

So now, I deleted the old CD images and made new ones. I saved them in my c:\users\my name\isos\

So now, I open up Dos box and typed in, exactly as you had the following.

imgmount d "c:\users\your name\isos\ig1.cue c:\users\your name\isos\ig2.cue " -t iso

And I get this. "The image must be on a host or local drive." If I remove the "" I get the message, "Image file not found."
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Whoops I made some tipooz ... can happen.
Each image needs a " at begin and end with a space between them.
imgmount d "c:\users\your name\isos\ig1.cue" "c:\users\your name\isos\ig2.cue" -t iso

Reason is the space in your user name, if you don't have a space you don't need them "" things.

BTW, if IG is the only game you play you can add them CDimage mount line in the dosbox conf [autoexec] sub as last line.

If later you want to (temp)disable that img automount you can add a # in front of the line. Then dosbox will not execute it.
Waffen9999

Post by Waffen9999 »

It worked! You're a genius! On a side note, I don't suppose you know where I could obtain the 1.2 or 1.3 patch? I've scoured the net and no place seems to have it. I found the Hungarian patch and installed that thinking it wouldn't change text but lo and behold, everythin is in Hungarian now so I have to fix that.
It probably would be the only thing I use, so I would just add them like this?

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c "c:\users\The Kaiser\oldgames"
c:
imgmount d "c:\users\your name\isos\ig1.cue" "c:\users\your name\isos\ig2.cue" -t iso

# You can put your MOUNT lines here.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Yep, something like that, except that 'your name' probably needs to be 'The Kaiser' ... ? :laugh:

As for a gamepatch :
"The Patches Scrolls", my friend, The Patches Scrolls. everyone should have that site bookmarked, really.
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/
(sometimes a bit slow, once in a while down, but still the ultimate site to find patches)
And yes, they have all the patches for Imperium Galactica.
English ones included. ( US and Eur/English)
Use the search function with "imperium", you will get them patches.
Waffen9999

Post by Waffen9999 »

It works and all, except one small problem. After installing the patch <thanks> I now have no sound. It's definately the patch as I deleted the game reinstalled it and fired it up before installing the patch and I can hear everything just fine. Any ideas? It's the 1.3 patch as that was the only one I saw listed. I just unzipped it, copied it into the folder overwriting everything it wanted.