The Right HardStuff

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

Onboard FDD/HDD controller didn't happen untill the tail end of the 486 era, so NO

The board has 8 and 16 Bit ISA slots, VLB was in the 486 era, so NO

The CPU is soldered onto the motherboard, Worked last time I tested it, so YES.

I also have a trident ISA video card, mpst likely a ISA HD/floppy controller too.

The unit takes 4 30-pin memory modules.

You would need a case, floppy, hd, keyboard, and serial mouse
Tombstone
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tombstone »

Unknown_K wrote:Onboard FDD/HDD controller didn't happen untill the tail end of the 486 era, so NO

I've seen 386 compatible mainboards with one or both of these features, that's why I asked.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

Tombstone wrote:
Unknown_K wrote:Onboard FDD/HDD controller didn't happen untill the tail end of the 486 era, so NO

I've seen 386 compatible mainboards with one or both of these features, that's why I asked.
There were some exotic 486 boards that has 386 chips built into them so people could expand to a 486 when prices were reasonable. Those boards ended up using 486 chips before they were discarded and would be sold as 486 motherboards.
kreats

Post by kreats »

Kazer0: You've got a colour classic II? Wow, they are mega-super-rare! You can get the same thing as a CCII by sticking a lc550 board in a CC1 - but having the real thing is even better :)