what is your favorite sport?

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Has anyone else noticed that most bowling alleys have, you could say, seen better days?
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
webmaster from hell

Post by webmaster from hell »

Yeah, most of em here in calif are dumps
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

'Tis a bad sign when you go into a bowling alley and suddenly realize the bearded guy behind the counter is female...
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

John The Ax wrote:Has anyone else noticed that most bowling alleys have, you could say, seen better days?
The one in Prescott Valley is nice, but the one in Prescott sucks....
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by nastypoisonspikes »

...not another old thread! :Angry: ........................ :laugh:
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

It honest to god was an accident, my cookies were off so I just posted on topics where I didn't remember the last post.
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Sometimes all the new post icon things turn normal after I click back or something, I can't remember how it happens.
born in fire
Expert
Expert

Post by born in fire »

I love sports! I have always loved sailing, but never had the money to get into it, even though we lived on the beach. I have tried most things that New Zealand has to offer. Basketball, Netball, indoor netball, softball, swimming, cricket, Touch rugby, water polo.
I love swimming, have done it from when I was tiny. I played basketball for 6 years and Netball for 8. I have carried on with indoor netball (combination of basketball and netball, VERY fast) although I have only played it for 3 years now.
Watching the Louis Vitton Cup at the moment is wonderful, I can't wait for the Americas Cup, I want to go up to Auckalnd and watch it.

Sport is sooo much fun, I'm taking up shooting in Winter, so that is going to be interesting! ^_^
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

what exactly is netball? It sounds kind of like soccer..........or maybe Tennis........I don't know, I'm just guessnig sports that have nets and balls...
born in fire
Expert
Expert

Post by born in fire »

Netball, the court is slightly smaller than a basketball court, and it is divided into thirds. At each end there is a hoop, smaller than a basketball hoop and no backboard ( a-huh, skill to actually get a goal!) The ball inturn is also smaller. At the end of the back two thirds there are shooting circles that the goals are in, these are semi circles. There are seven people on the court for each team (14 on the court at a time.) The goal is about the same height as a basketball hoop. People have designated places on the court, you step out of these and it is offside and a turn over to the other team. :no:
Positions:
C - centre (runs alot, very useful person, allowed everywhere but shooting circle.)
WA - wing attatck (basically the same, but only allowed in two thirds.)
WD - wing defense (defends the WA.)
GA - Goal attack (shooter, also allowed in the middle third and shooting circle)
GD - Goal defense (defends the GA, aslo allowed in middle third and shooting circle.)
GK - Goal keep (defends goal, only allowed in one third and shooting circle.)
GS - Goal shoot (shooter, only allowed in one third and shooting circle, not always good at defending, that is a bonus, they just have to be able to shoot.)

I hope that I have confused you at all. I could go into all the rules but 1. that would be very boring and 2. without a diagram, wouldn't mean all that much. :laugh:
kenny
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by kenny »

i play basketball in one beginners club....
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

BIF, that sounds pretty fun....but what do WA or GA stand for?
born in fire
Expert
Expert

Post by born in fire »

Sorry about my spelling, I was on here quite late last night.
WA is Wing attack
GA is Goal attack

The attack positions basically have to get the ball to the other end of the court, while the defenders are trying to stop the other teams attackers from getting it. Unlike Basketball you can't dribble, once you have the ball in your hand you can only pivot on the foot that touched the gound first.
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

sounds fun!
born in fire
Expert
Expert

Post by born in fire »

It is, nice and fast.
I guess a lot of guys like a lot more because of what we have to wear, I would say that it is like a cheerlearder outfit, pleated skirt and top. The top teams (represent country type people wear tight,short dresses tho.)
webmaster from hell

Post by webmaster from hell »

I like Golf and Tennis
born in fire
Expert
Expert

Post by born in fire »

I have never had urge to play golf, I can't watch it on tv either.
Tennis on the other hand I do love. For P.E last year we had to do it for about half a term as one of our units for Bursary (university entrence). We had to video orselves before we had lessons, then an instructor came in for a couple of days and then we just had to practise and video orselves again for our exam.
I actually got way better, it was a good learning curve.
I didn't like it all that much before i started either.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

I love soccer and basketball.. its the best :thumbsup:
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Stop reviving dead posts.
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

They are going to have to revive you after I defocate in your face, Nasty Poision Spikes. JUST KIDDING!!!! I like playing Football and watching German Soccer, ha ha. Those silly German people.
YOU ARE ALL MY SLAVES! NOW DO AS I SAY AND DRINK THE KOOL - AID
IANAL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."