Dosgames BBS

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Dosgames BBS

Post by wardrich »

I'm working on it, it should be up shortly... though it'll be pretty naked per se. I'll add some files and doors to it after I get the banner done.

thepit.no-ip.org:22

If you need a telnet client, I prefer mTel... it's fairly easy to find via Google "mtel telnet"
<hr>
BBS News, May 24, 2007

1. Installed Ambroshia.
Yep, it's up and running. Only me and Gamer are currently playing... and she's not even really playing it anymore. Be sure to at least sign up and play that one. I promise it's pretty freaking fun.

2. Attempted to install BuZz...
...And failed. I'm still working on it, and it still appears in the Doors list... but don't waste your time trying to run it, as it won't work right now. I'll be sure to toss up a message when all is well.

3. File-section Facelift
The original file area was alright, but not really useful for what I wanted to set up. Though the original one is still in tact, please refrain from uploading to the dos-freeware and dos-shareware sections in "Main" area.Use the appropriate section, instead.

Closing Thoughts
When registering, please make sure you're doing it from the BBS and not from the website. Also, make sure you follow through with the entire registration process, change your password, and send the sysop a message. The message part is crucial. Other than that, make sure you're throwing files into the proper directories, and treating the other users, and the system with respect. Thanks

-HokuS-
<hr>
Last edited by wardrich on Sun May 27, 2007 12:11 am, edited 10 times in total.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

No way! There's a BBS'd up version of Lunatix (http://www.prowler-pro.com/). I'll have to look into that one too. lol
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

You know Wardrich, it's was only a question, about Dosgames and BBS.
Curious me, hehe.

In the days we are living now, server software, FTP servers-clients, websites and forums allover and freeware, BBS is pretty obsolete.

Me thinks that 99% of the members here never have connected to a BBS.
Maybe a nice opportunity for them to try this stuff out.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

dosraider wrote:You know Wardrich, it's was only a question, about Dosgames and BBS.
Curious me, hehe.

In the days we are living now, server software, FTP servers-clients, websites and forums allover and freeware, BBS is pretty obsolete.

Me thinks that 99% of the members here never have connected to a BBS.
Maybe a nice opportunity for them to try this stuff out.

hahaha, they're still very much alive, actually.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

dosraider wrote:
wardrich wrote:hahaha, they're still very much alive, actually.
Who ? The 99% of the members I mentioned?
I may hope so.

:P
Well, them and the BBS scene.

<a href="http://www.synchro.net/sbbslist.html">Here's just a few using Synchro</a> [warning, the link may kill your computer, it's a pretty hefty list]
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

BBS News, May 24, 2007

:::WHY SIGN UP?:::
Why the hell not? It's a blast! lol

:::PROPOSED PERKAGE:::
I'm planning on a few perks around the BBS. Once we get more content, I'm thinking about doing a "credit bump" for one day every month... It'll be like a free-leech day, only not quite.

The other is a 1.5x the money day in Ambroshia where I'll take all the money you've got saved up and multiply it by 1.5... just to speed up the game some :P

:::STILL TO DO:::
Okay, so I've been slacking a bit... Pretty much same stuff left to do:

• o Get BuZz working
    o Install Lunatix

Until Next Time
-HokuS-
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

<h1>New Door</h1>

Just a quick update. Added Death by Adrenaline. For some reason, it doesn't always work right... you may have to hang-up and redial a few times before it loads properly. Not sure what causes the issue.

I tried to ad Forces of Darkness, but I can't get it to work. It just throws a bunch of runtime errors.

I'll install Usurper and either LoRD or Trade Wars... or both.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Usurper's up and running now too. Just watch out on the games menu, I got rid of a few of the crappier titles.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Follow the rest of the news here:

[OSH- BROKE IT....] I'll fix it when I get back from work.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Just a heads-up that the BBS is down indefinitely... Mainly b/c I can't get the no-ip thing to work in Linux... and b/c I don't know of a BBS client for Linux.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Back up for a while