Sci-fi RTS with little base building

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Jeffirox

Sci-fi RTS with little base building

Post by Jeffirox »

Hi all, I need help in finding this old game. Tried searching all over google but couldn't find the name. Below are some features as I remembered:

1) Main fortress can be deployed or undeployed. Stationary when deployed and mobile while undeployed.

2) Little base building as I remembered. Straight to army building for offense and defense.

3) Can set army units to automatically search the map for enemies.

These are all I can remember. Hope can find this game soon. Thanks
Maska
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Maska »

Hi, you'd need to be a lot more specific. I assume you know a lot more about the game, so have a look at the posting guidelines to get started on listing things you remember about the game.

My first 3 seconds of googling brought up a thread about RTS games with movable bases at the Bay12games forums. Is your game any of them?

MobyGames is also a good resource to use in your search. However, I can't figure out how to search for games that are both real time and strategy, as they are mutually exclusive tags in the search. The best quick example I could pull of is listing all top-down strategy games for Windows from 2001.

If you can't find the game through providing more descriptive information about it, your last resort is an exhaustive look through the list of RTS games from MobyGames. You probably should spend some time coming up with a better method of listing the games before you start going through them all.
Found my game. Thanks.
Fabbbio

Post by Fabbbio »

I know it sounds too easy but could it be starcraft? The terran's main buildings (one of the factions) could be moved from a place to another as they could fly for some time