DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running Doom in DOSBox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
bo552

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:18 pm     Post subject: Running Doom in DOSBox Reply with quote

So I am trying to run the original Doom in DOSBox and it will not load, when I set up, it gets stuck trying to lad DOOM.wad, I need help getting it to work. Celebratory
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get Doom from? Floppies, cd, download, gog.com...

And just to make sure:
* is latest dosbox version .74?
* you're running dosbox and mounting the doom directory at the z: prompt?

I forget if you need to run setup or anything, possibly it finds the wad file from a config file path and maybe in dosbox the path is wrong.

Doom works great in dosbox, so is likely something about your doom setup or corrupt files or dosbox config setting. Not sure if Doom requires a specific core or speed setting.

---
No hassle install "if budget allows" solution: $6 on gog.com: https://www.gog.com/game/the_ultimate_doom, they do all the config work for you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games