DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows shooter/action 2000-04(?) [Project I.G.I.]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
Jumpy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:22 pm     Post subject: Windows shooter/action 2000-04(?) [Project I.G.I.] Reply with quote

When I was around 7-ish years old I used to play this one game on my uncle's computer, but over time the memories have faded away Sad

I'm going on the assumption that it was just a demo of the actual game, mainly because it was just one level you could play, over and over again.
It was a 3D shooter/action game with some elements of stealth, most likely played on Windows 98. If I remember correctly, you played as a female character. I'm also leaning towards it being 1st-person as well.

The main thing I remember is the actual level.

It starts you off on the roof of a train, exiting a tunnel and passing by some kind of a military base, upon which you jump off the train.
You then try and make your way to the end of the compound in a stealthy or guns blazing kind of way. You could also loot stuff from buildings/barracks, though, if I remember correctly it was just body armour and health.

I didn't manage to get to the end of the compound too many times, so my memory is really fuzzy about the level end, something about a truck.
If my fuzzy memory servers me right, the level was timed, so if you didn't make it in time, some kind of military truck would leave the compound and it's game over.

A Frikkin Cuccoan
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:46 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, IIRC there weren't too many FPS games with female leads from the time period you specified. The Operative: No One Lives Forever and its sequel are probably the most prominent examples.

There's a scene with the train in the first game (YouTube video), although it's not exactly how you describe it. Also I'm not sure if this level was included in any of the demo versions.

BTW, you can check the MobyGames list of games with female protagonists if this is not the game you're looking for.
Jumpy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:33 am     Post subject: Windows shooter/action 2000-04(?) Reply with quote

Good news Shit-Eating Grin

I managed to find the game I was looking for, even when I was wrong about some details.

Game: Project I.G.I.
Level: Trainyard

Managed to find it by googling with specific keywords and within a given time period.

Search String: infiltrate + compound + timer + desert + game
Time Period: 1 jan. 1999 - 31 dec. 2004

Thanks for the help MrFlibble, it was when I was looking through the MobyGames list that I got the idea for this specific Google search.
Can't believe I hadn't thought of that before, I've been looking for this game on an off for a few years. FINALLY! VICTORY IS MINE!

A Frikkin Cuccoan
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:51 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found it! I thought about Project I.G.I. but didn't mention it since you said the main character was female.

BTW, you have commendable keyword Googling skills I should say Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games