Can't remember name, but I have lot of clue! [=Hardline]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
shinyjam

Can't remember name, but I have lot of clue! [=Hardline]

Post by shinyjam »

Thanks for helping!

-3 CD
-I strongly remember I get in the game with dos.
-Aim and shoot with mouse
-Whole game is fill with FMV video, when I am in control it use static real life background. It also has some adventure to it since when I am not shooting the bad guys, I am click scene to scene and pick puzzle item up. The mouse turn to animated pick up hand when I aim at pickable item, etc.
-There is voice acting.
-I think it use video backdrop and Interactive Movie
-I think the game is around 1996 since the other game I brought is made in 1996 and I got it from a computer fair sale.

Story: I control a guy that sneak into a gang warehouse, click few icon that appear on certain event or scene like activate that mechanism or hiding, etc. I remember if I don't hide I get caught and game over. Later on something something happen and I finally pick up my gun(infinity bullets).....later on meet the heroine,...later in game I awoke with psychic power and can do more puzzle with my telekinesis power.....before boss fight I drive a plane and now shoot with my psychic power (aim icon become a ring), then the boss it..some metal man thing that sleeping but wake up in sitting position facing me and blasting me with stuff...while I use my psychic shooting ring icon thing to kill him.

I remember one of the puzzle is to get the tape on the computer and stick on some surface to get the finger print and use it for the lazer scanner lock door.

Is a long game, and is really hard. My finger and hand moving speed are so awesome when I finished this game. :D

I think I shoot about....90 bad guys include robot, turret, and stuff the whole game, is not easy at all, I remember there one that throw a flash grenade at me(once only by story) and I am blinded for few second but must shooting randomly to pass. No monster I believe.

Whole game is like an awesome movie.
Last edited by shinyjam on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
shinyjam

Post by shinyjam »

Sorry for the bump, been a month and in page two, I promise this is last time I bump it!

Please ask any question. :)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

No idea, sorry.
You always could browse the games on Mobys by year, around 1996, maybe you will find something, if you're lucky .....
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games

And a monthly bump is kinda acceptable .....
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Guated

Post by Guated »

That does sound like a game i've played. Does it have computers that scan your eyes to open doors. The guy who catches you if you don't hide is a robot?
shinyjam

Post by shinyjam »

Guated wrote:That does sound like a game i've played. Does it have computers that scan your eyes to open doors. The guy who catches you if you don't hide is a robot?
Sorry, can't remember both details...I don't think there's any mobile robot in the game, mostly just trap turret and such.

...It does has a little sex scene(about rated M) at the middle....

To simplify the gameplay is exactly like house of the dead(unlimited bullets), except I can adventure the limited rooms and puzzle solving or progress story.
Matt

Post by Matt »

dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Nice shot, Matt, but no, I know Hardline, pretty good game BTW, and it absolutely doesn't fit the description.

I've no idea what the poster's game could be ....
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Last Half of darkness? :laugh:
Matt

Post by Matt »

dosraider: Damn. I went searching through FMV game descripsions for that one. Thought I had too! :D
Matt

Post by Matt »

Please try and ignore the stupid spelling in my above post. Ouch! :o
shinyjam

Post by shinyjam »

Thanks for all the help. Kinda sad I can't play this awesome game again...

Is first person view, no 3d and stuff. Movie, puzzle, bg, All real life picture and FMV.

And I did searched through the mobygame...either I miss it or...it's a different kind of movie type that is not fmv?
shinyjam

Post by shinyjam »

Again, Thanks for all the help, the game really is Hardline! Google image fool me last time Matt suggested it :cry:

Sorry for lots of misinformation, my sound card broke when I played it. XD

Now to play the game again...in full sound. :racing:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

dosraider wrote:Nice shot, Matt, but no, I know Hardline, pretty good game BTW, and it absolutely doesn't fit the description..
shinyjam wrote:Again, Thanks for all the help, the game really is Hardline! .....
:huh:
I'll be da.....

:blah:

So shinyjam, you played Hardline and even couldn't remember it's all about a helicopter pilot....?
The whole plot is about a helico .... ah well, nevermind, ends swell, all swell.

*sigh*
shinyjam

Post by shinyjam »

Sorry, played the game without sound so I really don't know much about the plot, all the helicopter scenes too normal for me to notice lol.

So it was magic huh...kinda like psychic power without knowing the plot :P

Still want to thank you nonetheless. :thumbsup:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

No problemo, it was just kinda amazing (and funny, yes) that you didn't mentioned the helicopter pilot thingy.

Was a pretty hard game too, I died a lot playing through it.
shinyjam

Post by shinyjam »

It's interesting that I discover it after I decide to give up the search for a bit and check this "Hardline" game you all are talking about.

Maybe just from my non-stop playing it, at late game I was clicking so accurate and fast, everything become so easy and the last boss...down in about 3 minutes or at least he only shot like 5 times before is over. :laugh:

Is like the only game in my childhood till now that actually improve my hand-eye coordinate so damn much. No game so far can do that to me :jester:

At least this three month soul searching is done, time to beat the game in three weeks again. :karate:
Matt

Post by Matt »

Yay! Do I get a prize? :D
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Sure!

Here, I made you a cake:

Matt

Post by Matt »

That looks mightly tasty. The perfect prize! Thanks! :thumbsup: