DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toshiba T5100

carbontwelve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:34 pm     Post subject: Toshiba T5100 Reply with quote

I found my old toshiba T5100! I thought this baby had been thrown out years ago, then my dad found it in a corner of the loft covered in twigs and dust. I am going to have to take it apart and blast it with some air, really dont want to turn the thing on just to start a fire Wink I am wondering however, it has a oily like substance leaking out the bottom in one corner, its source appears to be from the carry handle.

Does anyone know of why this might be happening? I haven't turned it on yet as I want to make sure it isn't a fire risk - the way these things where built however is going to make it difficult to take apart to clean as they are built like tanks! It doesn't have a color screen, instead using a orange plasma display - but it was my first computer and the reason why I found this website was to get games to play on it Happy A nice bit of history dug up haha!
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:48 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Oily like substance? Not really an idea, nope. 'Oily' doesn't sound as a capacitor leakage.
Maybe there was oil leaked on it?

Screw the thing open, clean it up and fire it up. You'll soon know.

Expect a CMOS error due to a dead battery. But you should be able to set the stuff manually in the BIOS setup.

Maybe use a broomstick to power it up, keep some distance I would say .... Laughing
carbontwelve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:38 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I remembered this posting after searching for more info on this laptop and seeing this in the top 10 results haha. I have found a lot of documentation related to the laptop in question, not that it is really a laptop, rather a portable computer...
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:41 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it running .....?
carbontwelve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:36 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

@dosraider not yet, its still sat in storage at my parents. I am planning on retrieving it soon and giving it a bit of maintenance before plugging it in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games