DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Windows XP and the 8X14 font problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
Hughek2383

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 pm     Post subject: Windows XP and the 8X14 font problem Reply with quote

Crying I am new to the forum so please excuse me for asking a question that has been asked before on DOSGAMES... I am trying to bring to life an old DOS Application called "Miracle Piano Teaching System" and have run into the 8x14 font problem.. I already downloaded FIX8X14-8x14 from BTTR Software and installed it but the same problem still exist! According to all the info I have currently received it should work, but to no avail... Can anyone help?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:22 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know that program but as it's a dos program your best bet will be to try to run it in dosbox 0.72, that is a dos emulator.
This will avoid all the XP restrictions regarding dos programs.
The basics are the same as for dos games.
Read and apply:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5443

Try to run it in dosbox, should you encounter problems be so detailed as possible.

Second best would probably be VPC2004 combined with MSDos6.22, but that's a little bit more complicated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1