Desert island survival game [= Schiffbruch!]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
skipro

Desert island survival game [= Schiffbruch!]

Post by skipro »

hey does anyone remember that desert island survival game? i forget the name and i want to find and download it.. please help
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

There's lots of posts about it, but I don't think anybody's been able to successfully find it. You're talking about the one where you had to collect water, logs, and fish right?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

The game is probably Schiffbruch! -(Shipwreck!)- a freeware game.
You can get it@
http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/game/Schiffbruch

Newer game about the same is Stranded (1 - 2)
http://stranded.unrealsoftware.de/
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
skipro

Post by skipro »

yes thats the exact game im talking about
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

wardrich wrote:.... but I don't think anybody's been able to successfully find it.
:P :no1:

:racing:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

dosraider wrote:
wardrich wrote:.... but I don't think anybody's been able to successfully find it.
:P :no1:
Not the game I was thinking of, the one that everybody else has been requesting lately.

Post by Guest »

I am looking for the game too... I'm pretty sure it was a dos game called Island but I haven't been able to find it either. Those 2 are not the ones I'm looking for.........anybody???

Post by Guest »

the original game is called island and it was for the commodore 64. however back when I was in elementary school back in the 90's (on Durham District School board systems) there was a DOS version of the same game, it was basically the same game but with better DOS graphics.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Anonymous wrote:the original game is called island and it was for the commodore 64. however back when I was in elementary school back in the 90's (on Durham District School board systems) there was a DOS version of the same game, it was basically the same game but with better DOS graphics.
DDSB, represent! What school did you go to?
MChick

Island

Post by MChick »

Yes I played the island game too in elementary school (also DDSB!)
All of my friends are trying to find this game but we have had no luck!
It's the one where you press numbers 1-9 to either collect planks, fish, message in a bottle, or try to swim but you have to be careful of the sharks!!
Let me know if you ever find it!!

Post by guest »

wow i remember this game lol. i also used to play it at school in durham, i went to r.a sennett. i just did a search for it cuz it popped in my head randomly lol. im surprised other durham ppl show up haha.
SamuraiXII

whhaaaa!?

Post by SamuraiXII »

Woohoo!! DDSB represent, Dr. Robert Thornton in the houuuse.
Thank you for finding this game, its exactly what I came onto this site looking for...Who knew it was such a ddsb hit. We used to play Castles and Math Quest too on our computers too, in case you guys were looking for other DDSB games.
SamuraiX

Post by SamuraiX »

Found it!
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about12038.html

Wardrich posted this about a year back in another thread, now let us rejoice. :wow:
fkitten21

Island

Post by fkitten21 »

Too funny! I used to play Island with the DDSB as well. Not sure if it was at both the Duke and TR but was at one of them for sure. A long with civilizations and where in the world is carmen sandiego?

Has anyone found and updated link? The old link is broken. I am still looking.

If I find it I will post a link. I used to have it on disk somewhere.

my email is WARNING: Please do NOT post your email address or other contact info here, if you do you will NOT receive a reply. This is not a call-back service, please come back later to read replies to your post @hotmail.com