DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Old game from the early 90's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
MZarrilli

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:56 am     Post subject: Old game from the early 90's Reply with quote

Not sure what it was called but I played it as a kid. You are in a town surrounded by a big wall inside the town there is a bar and a magic shop, but if you venture outside the wall you are in a forest and you fight magical creatures, there are pixies, and all sorts of weird creatures. It is a 3D game, not interactive, and it uses a lot of magic in the game. Any ideas? I am totally stumped and have been looking a long time. Someone said it sounded like Everquest, but that is interactive and this game is not.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:24 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Not interactive? You mean you just sit back and watch the action?

That'd make it a motion picture - or at least a video storybook type thing, right?

Never heard of it.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:07 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

A Bards Tale.
Wally

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:09 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Bards Tale.. Its gotta be
I suck at links

Fuxed Fixed your link
MZarrilli

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:52 am     Post subject: oops... Reply with quote

Sorry interactive was not what I meant. I was referring to it's just you playing not multiple people all over the internet (like world of warcraft is) Thanks to all who answered I'll try it!
MZarrilli

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:18 am     Post subject: Not A Bard's Tale Reply with quote

ok so it is not A bard's tale, I tried it and it is nothing like it. I remember spending a good portion of time outside the wall in the forest and the graphics were really good (for what they were) from what I can remember. any other ideas?
Wally

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:38 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Not any of the Might and Magic Games is it?
Mzarrilli

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:43 am     Post subject: might and magic Reply with quote

No, doesn't look like the same game.
Guated

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:24 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Quest for Glory. Is it kind of a puzzle game? the most graphic of this series was Quest for Glory V but it wasn't the most fun. There were pixies and stuff but a lot of RPGs have them, as do they have castles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1